OT Happy Easter

Page 1 of 3
Happy Easter

Happy Easter to you too. It's a very good feeling to know that we too can have eternal life too, by trusting and believing in the Lord.
__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4002 (20090411) __________
http://www.eset.com
On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 23:48:34 -0500, Dave wrote:

It may well be a good feeling, but that doesn't mean that it's true :-).
And a fabulous fertility festival to you.

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Nor does it mean that it's NOT true.
Give it a rest - for one day, please?

Amen.
To paraphrase Terry Pratchett:
God made us clever enough to eventually work out that He doesn't exist.
Enjoy your chocolate!
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Maybe Pratchett will work himself out of his own Alzheimer's, eh?

Saying something like that doesn't sound very Christian to me.
Proud of yourself?
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Always

The seventh of the Seven Deadly Sins. You may want to reconsider your ways.
On Apr 12, 4:31pm, Dave Balderstone

Nowhere in the Bible is there such a list of seven deadly sins. Some monk dreamt those up out of whole cloth.
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 17:36:27 +0000, dse wrote:

Another good Christian who loves his neighbor, I see.
I have trouble imagining anyone making that kind of a remark about early onset Alzheimers in anyone, let alone someone whose satirical writings are in a class by themselves. If there is by chance a deity, or multiples thereof, you're in a heap of trouble.

We are all in a heap of trouble the way things are going in this world today. That's why we have got to put our trust in God. No one is perfect except Jesus. There is not a perfect church on this earth. If there is, the minute I or you walk into its doors the church is no longer perfect. That's why we must go there to learn how to better our lives.
__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4003 (20090412) __________
http://www.eset.com

What an amazing paragraph. Complete nonsense, but amazing nonetheless.
So rather than human beings trying to fix what human beings have done, we should all go to various buildings and let other human beings tell us how something that isn't a human being, and that there's no proof even exists, can tell us how to fix the mess human beings created because a bunch of human beings believe something a bunch of other human beings wrote down thousands of years ago, but they can't agree on what it means, exactly, but they know it's true because, well, it just is so stop arguing with them or you'll be called all kinds of bad names and possibly killed?
And that's turned out well over the past umpteen thousand years exactly how?
One of the clinical signs of insanity it doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result each time.
I think religion qualifies as insane by that definition.
I will no longer comment on this subject because folks like Balderstone, Burns, et al, are an insult to ones intelligence so I will no longer comment or read posts on this subject. The folks who always negatively post negative comments about religion must live very troubled lives and blame everything on God for their misfortunes.
wrote:

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4004 (20090413) __________
http://www.eset.com
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:57:23 -0500, Dave wrote:

Chuckle. Another example of religious logic. How can I blame a god for any misfortunes I might have when I don't think any such exists?
And you think the posts by myself and other skeptics are insulting to your intelligence? Naah, I won't say it.
And we post these "negative" comments in the (possibly forlorn) hope that someday, someone, somewhere, will see them and rethink their addisction to an unproven belief. IOW, we're missionaries, but we don't insist you wear clothes :-).

At the same time, everybody has the right to their beliefs and express their beliefs], just as you have the right to express, albeit wrong, your beliefs.
Robatoy wrote:

That's not so. Most of the people in the world do NOT have a right to believe or express whatever they wish.

We certainly don't here in Canada.
HeyBub wrote:

Nobody can prevent you from believing whatever you wish. Mind reading as a practical tool of oppression simply does not exist.