OT: hail in Oklahoma

Keep with it through at least 3:00 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFv2W7Duqiw

Man alive.
-Zz

Not a good time to be outside.
You really appreciate shelter when you see things like this.

I'm a geologist by degrees, vocation, temperment, and demeanor. My first professional engagement was with a major oil company in Houston, c. 1982 - 1987.
One Saturday afternoon a BIG hailstorm happened (not nearly like the OK video), which dropped golf-ball sized hail for 15 mins.
EVERY geologist I knew in Houston donned their hardhats and ventured out to "feel" it. Not ONE engineer did.
I'm jes' sayin'.......
-Zz
"Zz Yzx" wrote:

------------------------------------------ Thanks to their mommies slapping some sense into them as babies, the engineers just used what mommy had taught them.
Lew

But they never FELT "it". BAD mommies.
Zz Yzx wrote:

Nope, they were of the class of people who can learn from others' mistakes, they aren't of the first class, those who have to pee on the electric fence themselves.

Rob Leatham

Been there, done that, the bruises finally healed.
The good Lord has been watching over me the past few weeks. I live in southern Norman (a city at the south edge of the Okla. City metro area). Tornado missed the house by just over two miles (that's not that far!). Big hail went north and south (we just got some little stuff). I feel sorry for the folks that got hit. I'd rather have weather than earthquakes, though...