OT: Grocery store

To that, a REAL LOL!!!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

George Frost and Robatoy are the same poster. Too obvious. Who woulda thunk it--LOL.

Reply to
Bill

I read that again, and got a couple more laughs out of it. What's the name of the book?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

What are you on about, Rob is in Canada, George is in Australia. That is a lot of frequent flier miles.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

If you say so. I thought Australian's had better manners. All the ones I have met did.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Rob usually does too - must not like folks who don't laugh at his jokes :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Truth be known, I don't really care who finds my jokes funny, there are always a bunch who laugh and there will always be a tight-ass sour puss looking for ANY excuse to make issues out of non-existent problems. We have a very small handful of those anal PC idiots in this group and I sure-as-hell am not telling jokes for their pleasure... and "don't you call ME Wood-eye.."

Reply to
Robatoy

Do you realize which category you think you're in?

What do you think we should do with them? Wooden stake up the arse?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

And your category is?

It be a good start till the fire gets hot

Reply to
ChairMan

Please, DO try to keep you anal fixation to yourself. mmmk?

Reply to
Robatoy

Why don't you start another 500 post thread, consulting the masses on the correct way to screw in a light bulb?

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I think George and Robatoy think I don't know how to drop to their level. Holl' atcha..

Bill

Reply to
Bill

LOL! Now THAT was funny!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

You never want to put a muskrat under duress!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Friend used to hunt them and bring them to work for lunch.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

is that a pointy stick joke?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

"Joke of the Year" by that infamous author Bill

Reply to
George W Frost

Did they eat much ?

Reply to
George W Frost

They were only pretending

Reply to
George W Frost

It's a contest run by the San Jose State University English Department. They solicit the worst opening lines to a novel. No books, just the proposed opening sentences.

Some of my favorites:

"The senator must have tied one on last night," said Sheriff Danglebooper, "cause he was seen leaving the party about eleven and this morning his car was found in the smokestack of a British destroyer in the Formosa Straits."

Crazy Arrow studied the signs as only a native to the Dakota Steppes could do and, after several minutes of reflection, looked up to the lieutenant in charge of the patrol and said: "Tracks still fresh, train go that-a-way!"

"Remember children, kitten in the left hand, skinning knife in the right."

The judges have published a couple of books containg these opening lines: "It Was a Dark and Story Night" and "Son of Dark and Stormy Night."

Anyway, you can find hundreds of these submissions at the contest web site:

HeyBub