OT: Grocery store

Page 3 of 4
On 2/4/2011 10:42 AM, Bill wrote:

I read that again, and got a couple more laughs out of it. What's the name of the book?
Bill

"Joke of the Year" by that infamous author Bill
Bill wrote:

It's a contest run by the San Jose State University English Department. They solicit the worst opening lines to a novel. No books, just the proposed opening sentences.
Some of my favorites:
"The senator must have tied one on last night," said Sheriff Danglebooper, "cause he was seen leaving the party about eleven and this morning his car was found in the smokestack of a British destroyer in the Formosa Straits."
Crazy Arrow studied the signs as only a native to the Dakota Steppes could do and, after several minutes of reflection, looked up to the lieutenant in charge of the patrol and said: "Tracks still fresh, train go that-a-way!"
"Remember children, kitten in the left hand, skinning knife in the right."
The judges have published a couple of books containg these opening lines: "It Was a Dark and Story Night" and "Son of Dark and Stormy Night."
Anyway, you can find hundreds of these submissions at the contest web site: http://www.bulwer-lytton.com /

Friend used to hunt them and bring them to work for lunch.
--
"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! "
Brian's Mum

Did they eat much ?

None of them brought lunch money.
--
"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! "
Brian's Mum
<...snipped...>

Maybe here math skills were so good that she was counting in base 163?
Hmm, I believe that's a prime number too.
Larry W wrote:

1 + 6 + 4 . I guess she was only one over the limit... I'd have cut her a little slack.
George Frost and Robatoy are the same poster. Too obvious. Who woulda thunk it--LOL.
On 2/04/11 10:52 AM, Bill wrote:

What are you on about, Rob is in Canada, George is in Australia. That is a lot of frequent flier miles.
--
Froz...

On 2/4/2011 10:57 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:

If you say so. I thought Australian's had better manners. All the ones I have met did.
Bill
On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:01:39 -0500, Bill wrote:

Rob usually does too - must not like folks who don't laugh at his jokes :-).

Truth be known, I don't really care who finds my jokes funny, there are always a bunch who laugh and there will always be a tight-ass sour puss looking for ANY excuse to make issues out of non-existent problems. We have a very small handful of those anal PC idiots in this group and I sure-as-hell am not telling jokes for their pleasure... and "don't you call ME Wood-eye.." <G>
On 2/4/2011 12:35 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Do you realize which category you think you're in?

What do you think we should do with them? Wooden stake up the arse?
Bill
In spewed forth:

And your category is?

It be a good start till the fire gets hot<g>

Please, DO try to keep you anal fixation to yourself. mmmk?
On 2/04/11 12:54 PM, Bill wrote:

the correct way to screw in a light bulb?
--
Froz...

On 2/4/2011 1:14 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

I think George and Robatoy think I don't know how to drop to their level. Holl' atcha..
Bill

is that a pointy stick joke?
--
"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! "
Brian's Mum

They were only pretending