OT Grim if true.

I know I have seen a large increase in Burka wearing women in the Phoenix area in the last two years. I still prefer summer dresses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

Very grim if true.
cm

That's one way to look at it.
Things are supposed to change.
If they didn't, we would all still be swinging from the trees instead of chopping them down, making furniture and writing about it on Usenet.
Repression of women seems a little de-evolutionary.

Agreed, and that's one of the things that's changing. Once the guy with the stick takes his foot off of your neck, and you get a chance to look around, there's no way people as a group are going to say, "Hey, mind stepping on my neck again?" But you can't force such change on a traditional culture from the outside without whole scale loss of life.
I didn't watch the whole video - the "here comes the boogey man" approach turned me off, and it seemed to equate the status quo with what is good and pure. You know, the NIMBY mentally. Once an immigrant gets in, they want to keep the next wave of immigrants out, and the general thinking along those lines.
On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 07:19:58 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

Uhhh...where exactly do they write about that on Usenet..?;-)
Mike O.

Damn, ya got me! I thought this newsgroup was the place when I first lurked here, but then I discovered it was still more of a swinging from the trees kind of place. ;)

I didn't like that video either. Change is inevitable. It has always been with us and always will. There is no point in fearing it.
:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

: Very grim if true.
: cm
For a good critical analysis of why this argument is wrong/naive, see:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.mystery/browse_thread/thread/badb502238adfeda/728e55bca4a87c64?hl=en&q=Miniter++%22Europe+population%22+group :*rec.arts.mystery*
    -- Andy Barss
When I first watched it I thought it might have a little truth because of the increase in burkas around poorer neighborhoods in Phoenix, but I thought their math was quite ambitious. I agree that change is inevitable but it still can be grim. Burkas over summer dresses.....that's VERY grim.
cm
wrote:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.mystery/browse_thread/thread/badb502238adfeda/728e55bca4a87c64?hl=en&q=Miniter++%22Europe+population%22+group :*rec.arts.mystery*
cm wrote:

Look at the UK if you have any doubt about what is coming, conjectural math or not.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

The problems arise when the "next" generation gets conflicted. They are born into a very laissez faire liberal culture (say Netherlands, or Britain, or France or wherever). However, they come from ultraorthodox parents, who grew up in a very restricted and restrictive culture with very stringently set values. Combine that with school systems that are so lax that kids need to want to learn to be able to be taught, otherwise they are just set adrift. Plus a lack of work ethic and high unemployment. That's the recipe where hatred and extremism thrive.
Just observing. I wish I had the cure ...
--
Best regards
Han

The grimmest.