OT: great deal on a 12 V cordless drill and/or impact driver

I think this is a fantastic deal (maybe USA only).
The regular prices might be a little inflated all over the world (I've seen that happen), but the sale on the Panasonic 12 V (3.5 amp hour) cordless drill and impact driver looks like a great deal to me. You can get twice as many (four) batteries and an extra charger FWIW for less than the cheapest price for the combination drill/impact kit.
(Amazon.com product link shortened) />/ B00006IIO5 (cordless drill, $122) B0007Y6BT8 (cordless impact driver, $162) free shipping on both
Good luck.
--
I posted this to the home repair group 2 days ago. The price is still
the same. Difficult to believe. Sure hope it turns out better than my

Hm - looks nice. I have the smaller 12V (3/8", 2amp hr) Panasonic, and I love it. Lightweight but well-built, well-balanced, great tool. Even at 2 amp-hr, the battery life is excellent - if I could have gotten the same thing with a 1/2" chuck and even more battery life for an extra $23, I probably would have. Enjoy your new tools, Andy

Yes it looks like the same thing otherwise. Don't see any defects, looks factory fresh. I don't much like the plastic right under the trigger but maybe I'll get used to it. I'm finally replacing a cheap Skil 12 V drill. The handle on the Skil was too wide but the Skil weighs only 2.6 pounds! It has a two-piece keyless chuck, probably cheaper to manufacture than keyed chucks. They are horrible IMO, I'd rather have a permanently attached quickchange chuck. I just love the single piece chuck on the new drill, nice action, although a little surprised by the constant ratcheting noise it makes in either direction (I'll get used to it). It weighs 4.2 pounds with a full battery [being facetious].
Again, I bought it partly for the batteries. Four batteries would cost more than both kits. If anybody needs a drill, take a look.
snipped-for-privacy@usenetlove.invalid says...

I wish ... I have one of those 12V Panasonics, 2 batteries, and a 9.6 V one w. one battery. All 3 batteries need repacking - and that will cost me considerably more than getting one of those drills from Amazon would. Sadly, they only ship US.
I love those drills, the 9.6 particularly is a beautifully designed tool. But I am starting to think about changing to Li-ion which is currently being promoted, at very little more money than getting those damn batteries updated. Bosch has some nice looking drivers out there. So does Metabo.
I hate throwing out gear that is still in great condition. I HATE it. :-(
-P.

Just opened one. It uses about size C squarish batteries (x9). Looks like it has one or two sensors, one probably thermal (maybe tape insulated from the case), not sure what the other thing is. And there is a wire coming from the bottom, probably the negative terminal.
--
By the way. The charger and batteries are made in China, the
drill/driver is made in Mexico.