OT - Government Inspired Fuel Cans + PIA

Page 3 of 3

There is nothing inspired about the new cans. As sold, they are unusable without a spout extension (hose and clamp) or a funnel.
RonB wrote:

There's no way to use the ones I have with either a hose and clamp or a funnel without manually pulling back their foreskins.
RonB wrote:

i.e., through the thoughtfulness and concern of these do-gooders, people are being forced to make modifications and kludges that will result in more spilled gasoline with a higher likelihood of catastrophic consequences.
Heaven save us from concerned citizens and the politicians who listen to them!

Rob Leatham
Hoosierpopi wrote:

Piffle! While on my monthly foraging expidition in the neighborhood the evening before "heavy trash pickup," I spotted an olive-drab military jerry can. Scoop. Got it home and stenciled on the bottom was:
III Army Sep 44
Sigh. My little can may have helped liberate Bastogne.
And the can still works.
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:17:33 -0800 (PST), the infamous Hoosierpopi

I, for one, wouldn't want to have been in a Pinto (or any other small car) which was rear ended at freeway speeds. I was a Ford technician at the time and I personally installed the "fix" on many a Pinto, later owning one (automatic, while recovering from a back injury.)
The fix was a 1/8" thick nylon shield (a whopping 9x16" IIRC) which went under the gas tank straps.this ensured that two differential bolts couldn't puncture the tank when the car was in a horrendous collision directly from the rear. They slid on the nylon instead. You know, don't you, that in all the hundreds of thousands of Pintos produced and in accidents, only 27 people died as a result of the gas tank fires? The NHTSA said the problem wasn't that bad and did not warrant issuing a recall. Yeah, that it was a financial move was not a good thing, but that happens on a daily basis around the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Pinto

I broke my Load Handler and called in for replacement parts. They didn't hesitate and got the new parts to me, free of charge, later that same week. I mentioned that the one broke because the other didn't have a stabilizer, so they sent a stablized version. note the bumper clip on the lower left in the pic (see link), missing from the right side. It was tension in that area which rolled the thing up and broke the plastic fork at the top of the tailgate. With the new clip on both sides, it'll unload the heaviest bedful of gravel or compost with ease in under a minute. I barely work up a sweat with this thing. I love it! The week after I spent $70 on mine, they went on sale at BiMart for $40. <sigh>
http://www.loadhandler.com/images/lh2000art.gif
http://www.loadhandler.com/lh2000.php How they work. (great, IMHO) Standard disclaimer applies.
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.

I spill more gasoline out of those damn new cans than any could have ever evaporated out of the good cans. There was some under the table negotiations going on with that new development. Have you noticed that there is only 1 style?