OT - Google Plus for grins ...

Anyone that is already on Google+, or would like an invite, and may be remotely interested in an informal woodworking "circle" of like minded individuals, or just to see how this latest addition to the social networking idiocy is going to play out, drop me an email.
I realize that this is not most wreckers cup of tea, but it looks like it may be more amenable to sharing woodworking adventures, photos, etc. Google+ appears a good deal more private, discerning and to the point than FaceBook. Caveat: you supposedly need to sign up with a real name.
I know, ... but hey, you never can tell where the next opportunity is coming from; nothing ventured, etc.; and, especially in keeping up with technology, you snooze, you lose.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 7/21/2011 3:33 PM, Swingman wrote:

I haven't been invited to "play" yet, but I've been told (on Facebook) that "It rocks!"
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Check your incoming ... (providing I did it correctly). If not, get back to me on FB.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 7/21/2011 4:07 PM, Swingman wrote:

Got it, thanks. I wasn't aware I could be invited in by others. I tried to just sign into my Google account and join when I heard others talking about it, but it wouldn't let me; said I wasn't among the people who had been selected for the trial.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
On 7/21/2011 4:41 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Ah, but it looks like I might not be able to enjoy everything it has to offer yet. When I look at "People in your circles" it lists me as "not yet using Google+" and "Sharing via email only".
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
On 7/21/2011 4:50 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Did you go through the sign up?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 7/21/2011 5:10 PM, Swingman wrote:

Yes, but I'm not sure I did it right... But I'm signed up under my gmail address and not the one you invited me under. When I look in my "circle of friends", I show up as my own friend under the email address that you invited me with, so that's probably my point of confusion. I just added you in my circle of friends; curious to see the effect... I've seen several notifications from you that were sent to my non-gmail address; try switching to my gmail identity in your "circle" instead.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
On 7/21/2011 4:41 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

It's indeed limited until it gets out of beta, but once you're in/been invited you can invite others (there might be a rated amount of new users/hour, from what I hear).
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

take rock as you feel you need it. george

I got this message:
Google+ is in limited Field Trial Right now, we're testing with a small number of people, but it won't be long before the Google+ project is ready for everyone. Leave us your email address and we'll make sure you're the first to know when we're ready to invite more people. Keep Me Posted Already invited? We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon.
============
But sure, I'll give it a whirl.
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Sure, hit me up!
> Sure, hit me up!
Post back if you didn't get the invite.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Got it. Ta!

Do me. Do me like I have never been done before, Karl. . . . . . *smirk*