OT: Google failed me

It is raining here and I had no inside project so have been killing time Googling things.
One of them was a great restaurant in Santa Barbara at the El Encanto Hotel in the early 70s. I was in SB taking photo classes for a couple of weeks at Brooks Institute which was just across the street from the (then) somewhat worse for wear hotel; however, the house restaurant - Cafe Madrid - was wonderful...a very extensive menu, not cheap but not really expensive either and wonderful food; at least I thought so but I was just about the only customer. Does anyone remember it and/or know what happened to it?
As long as I'm on memory lane, here are some other places I miss...
Cafe Bohemia, Chicago. Great roast duck
London Chop House, Detroit. Best calves liver I've ever had.
Jack's, San Francisco. Good everything and waiters that really knew their business.
Musso & Franks, Hollywood (may still be there). Chain restaurants, eat your hearts out!
Ciro's, Honolulu. Always had vichyssoise, always served complimentary antipasto <sigh>
--

dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH wrote the following:

Sorry DadiOH, none of the foods you mentioned has any interest for me. No Duck, no Liver, no cold soup.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

They have/had steak too. Probably <ugh> fish too :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH wrote the following:

I can go for steak. The only fish I eat is tuna (in the can) and flounder. None of those giant insects that live on the bottom of the ocean either (crab, lobster, shrimp).
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

" ...tuna (in the can)" = cat food.
Lew

I'd rather have catfood...

Tuna..as in sushi...wellllll then..
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:53:42 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

I prefer bonito ("chunk light tuna", less mercury) to albacore and red salmon to bonito.
But I'd -much- rather eat fresh Steelhead or Yellowtail.
-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Heh, I googled "Things" and came up with "Things - task management on the Mac".
I thought maybe Thing from the Adam's Family would show up.
-C-

Nit-picking. that's "Addams" with two "d"s. From Charles Addams, who drew the original cartoons -- printed in the New Yorker, among other places.

According to my Google search - the El Encanto in SB is closed for renovations. No mention of a Cafe Madrid. Perhaps it closed soon after you stayed there.
MJ

Lupe's, El Paso. Menudo
Max
Max wrote:

I can see I don't hang out with a bunch of gourmets :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

No, but I spent six months working in Goleta and the Santa Barbara area has to have more good restaurants per capita than anywhere else in the US.
"Lobby Dosser" wrote:

At the refinery?
Lew

Sonatech.