OT: Global warming deniers debunked

Page 10 of 13

Well, HeyBub's home base is the USA, but I might just as well have been referring to the politicians of any country. Just possibly, the politicans of a few countries maybe a little less self concerned, but if there are some, I don't know which ones they are.
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMgmail.com says...

And if sea levels rise then there's a building boom for levees, seawalls, pumping stations, and new construction somewhat inland.

You can not be serious, politicians are ruled by lobbies and their party. You vote against your party and you may lose a lot.

It is three seasons only by the name since the winter wheat is harvested in october which is in autumn. No way we get three seasons of growth, not even two for vegetables. In fact there is little change. We still must plant most vegetables in the middle or near the end of May and in September the season is over.

Go tell this to the French in 2003.
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/2003-09-25-france-heat_x.htm
Pin

Or you can acknowledge that your party screwed the pooch and vote accordingly. It's your choice.

And we skeptics keep pointing out that the Earth has ice and warmer ages, regardless of mankind's input. And that the climate scientists' models are incomplete and innacurate, while they continue misreading the output from models. <sigh>

Scary scenario, wot?

Just like California does now? Cool! <snort>

We had 6 months of rain this year. Plantings were way late and I lost 4 of my 6 basil plants to cool, cloudy, wet weather. I didn't plant the rest of the garden because of it. I hate this AGWK!

Amazing!
Why don't those fidiots use air conditioners? And how many of those choked on their brie and cabernet?
-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw
Pin wrote:

Lobbyists are but one (although sometimes a primary) source of the information needed to make a rational decision. Lobbyists know more regarding a given situation than any politician can possibly dream about, and we often get really bad legislation because of the ABSENCE of lobbyists.
I remember when the Clinton administration imposed a 10% "luxury" tax on yachts, figuring, I guess, that the rich would simply pay it and move on. They moved on all right - straight to the Bahamas and other yacht-building venues. Meanwhile, most of the small yacht builders in the U.S. went out of business. You see, the small yacht builders didn't have a lobbyist.

Right. But suppose December and January turned out to be quite temperate.

A. The French are always outliers (or contrarians). B. Think Influenza and other respiratory infections.

Israel rules USA but I must be antisemite or a nazi.
Pin
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMgmail.com says...

Actually that was Mister "Read My Lips No New Taxes". The "luxury tax on yachts" was passed and signed into law and went into force in 1991. Clinton took office in 1993.

That was part of the Pres. B's rather misguided efforts to be "bipartisan" at the insistence of Democrats during the budget mugging.. er.. Summit. Where the Dems got their tax increases, sorta forgot to fulfill their promised cuts and then proceeded to beat B soundly about the face and head with RMLNNT pledge. This explains a lot of the GOP's reluctance to be bipartisan.
J. Clarke wrote:

Ah, you're right. It was under the Clinton administration that the "luxury" tax was repealed. By then, however, the yacht-building industry had all but disappeared.
The point was, however, that the boat builders lacked lobbyists to explain the consequences of a "soak the rich" taxation scheme.
On 9/4/2011 7:47 AM, HeyBub wrote:

QUINNs FIRST LAW: Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent.
--
Jack
Got Change: Trickle up Poverty!

"Of those scientific papers considering climate trends over the 21st century, only 10% inclined towards future cooling, while most papers predicted future warming." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling
AFAIAC less pollution can not be a bad thing. When I ride my roadbike in heavy traffic it is harder to catch my breath. When I ride in an area where there are a lot of trees, I feel a lot of difference in the air quality and my performance. The global warming deniers are the one who accuse the people who are concerned of being extremist or eco-terrorist. Well whatever you believe, I say we should make an effort to reduce the damn pollution.
The dust particules I breathed for so many years because my employer was more concern about sucking up more money instead of installing decent dust collector now have an impact on my lungs.
Pin

What's the connection between the above and below?

Yes, reduce pollution of all sorts always! Just don't get anal and/or litigative about it.

Yeah, tell me about it. I sucked in asbestos dust when doing brake jobs back in the '70s. Now I even wear my respirator when mowing the lawn, cutting construction lumber, blowing, and sweeping. And I use my dust collector for every table saw cut. Luckily, my lungs aren't affected, though. I had some sense as a drone back in the day.
-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw
Pin wrote:

Everybody's for less pollution. There's less pollution, of all kinds, than there was in, say, 1976. There's a LOT less pollution today than there was in 1850 London.

Evidently you were more concerned with sucking up money from your employer than you were concerned about your health. Where's the difference?

When you are young .... but.... this guy obviously voted for Bush!
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMgmail.com says...

You've never _needed_ a job, have you? When the alternative is to go hungry and sleep on a park bench one is pretty much forced to compromise on such matters. If the economy was booming and anybody who wanted one could get a job that paid all his bills it would be one thing, but the US economy hasn't been booming like that in decades.
On 9/2/2011 11:17 AM, Han wrote:
Let's be fair and report on Roy Spencer's response:
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/09/02/breaking-editor-in-chief-of-remote-sensing-resigns-over-spencer-braswell-paper /
Now, do you know anymore about the actual truth of the matter than you did before writing the above headline?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Sorry Karl, and with all respect, I believe the people who oppose what Roy Spencer said. People will see later who is right, but I don't think I'll have any feelings by that time anymore ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 9/2/2011 5:11 PM, Han wrote:

You're a better man than me, Han ... I have a hard time believing any of them. But I do have a pretty well honed sense of BS when I see it, I the AGW folks have plenty of that themselves.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Idon't /know/ Karl. Just seems to me that the combinatrion of far too many humans farting, and their cows ditto, plus the CO2 could well do something to the climate over a period of many tens of years that ultimately will screw things up. I aklso dislike the idea of a warmer ocean putting more water vapor into the air, and water is also a greenhouse gas. Whether that feed-forward system can be controlled is really the big question IMHO!
--
Best regards
Han

Please note that Mother Nature/Gaia does her own things to cool herself off or warm herself up as she sees fit. We're a grain of salt on a blue whale's arse in all of that, but when she sees fit, she'll adjust, just as she always does. The planet is self-regulating and we're just along for the ride.
Movies like "The Day After Tomorrow" and "An Inconvenient Truth" are just fantasy and science -fiction-, guys. Remember the Brits' school lawsuits over Algore's mess? http://goo.gl/PCWZz (scroll down to the content, the site is funky)