OT: Global warming deniers debunked

Page 8 of 13

Why do they call Greenland greenland? Has it always been white?
On 9/2/2011 3:29 PM, DGDevin wrote:

Correction, Scientists can tell us "what they think" the climate was like thousands of years ago.
for example by the remains

I could not tell you, when did gullibility be come so popular.
On 9/2/2011 4:29 PM, DGDevin wrote: If scientists haven't

The problem is when they look back over time, and what they find doesn't jive with what they need to say to either get government money, sell windmills, keep their job at a communist university or meet their anti-capitalist agenda, then they LIE. This is not so much common sense as simple, proven fact.

Yeah, at least you got the question right.
--
Jack
Got Change: Global Warming ======> Global Fraud!
On 9/2/2011 12:49 PM, Swingman wrote:

In just a few minutes of looking I found the NOAA paleoclimatology web site. The web site has data going back 150,000 years. That is considerably more than 200 years.
They present both their data and some conclusions.
Their home page: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/paleo.html
Dan
On 9/2/2011 6:53 PM, Dan Coby wrote:

Problem is the topic of the paper under discussion covers the period 2000 - 2010.
The rest is irrelevant to the discussion as introduced.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

The big trouble is that the climate models that are predicting gloom and doom don't even pretend to model that 150,000 years.

They can't even get yesterday right.
On 9/2/2011 6:53 PM, Dan Coby wrote:

That data is not going back 150,000 years, no data was being recorded then.
As mentioned, it is only a conclusion, not fact.
On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 10:18:15 -0700, DGDevin wrote:

Can you demonstrate any calibration to any measurement past 100 years ago, a vital component in quantitative scientific research? Can you cite any experiments that demonstrate a cause and effect relationship (that rules out all correlation studies) between human activity and average global temperatures?

Some of these things are relatively easy, I believe, such as measuring gases in bubbles in ancient ice, isotopic compositions, and others. The science of measuring heat fluxes onto and off the earth apparently is trickier, and the experts (socalled and real) don't agree on who is doing things right. That leaves lay people to use their best judgment.
As someone said elsewhere in this thread in other verbiage, whether or not you're a greenie doesn't matter. Fossil fuels are rather finite, and it my behoove us to work on alternative energy sources.
--
Best regards
Han
On 9/3/2011 7:10 AM, Han wrote:

Current fossil fuels will likely last for hundreds of more years. We were suppose to run out decades ago. Now we have found more that we have used.

The US can go at least 600 years with fuel from only its borders. The more we use, the more is found. This hasn't changed for the past 100 years. What has changed is that what we're finding is more expensive to use, but it's there. Artificially increasing its price further and bankrupting the country makes *no* sense. The *only* reason we can have a clean environment (and yes, Virginia, it is getting cleaner) is that our economy can *afford* it. Once that changes, Sadie, bar the door!
On 9/2/2011 12:18 PM, DGDevin wrote:

Actually for something that has not happened there is probably no documentation. The burden of proof lies with you .

Use your brain, look around, is the sky falling?

Anybody lives close to Leon? Buy that man as many draught beers as he's likely to consume in a sitting and send me the bill.
Because that is SPOT on.....

Sorry, nonsense. With all due respect for both Leon and Rob, all available data indicates that manmade greenhouse gases contribute to the warming of the earth, globally and averaged, over sites and time (i.e. 3- dimensional averaging and drawing a line that is an average of several years, following that with time. The fatc that global warming has happened since the last iceage is correct and irrelevant. The superimposition of the manmade components has added an order or two of magnitude to the rate of increasing temperature. We can fight and discuss all we want, the proof of the hotsoup will be there in another 35, 50 or 100 years. But then my teeth won't hurt me no more, and it will be a problem for the Chinese or the Arabs (no discriminatory intent, just a semi-educated guess at who will be in power by then, the US having selfdestructed much, much faster than the Romans).
--
Best regards
Han

----etc...
I appreciate where you're coming from, Han, but it is the relative amount of influence of contributing gasses that is being distorted. Fact: If *I* pass gas in Sarnia, there WILL be a time when you'll be able to measure the effects in NYC. Fact. Indisputable. You'll be dealing with atoms/cu.mile, but still... Just because we have learned to move the decimal point, endlessly, on our test gear, doesn't mean the threat becomes larger just because our magnifying glass becomes stronger. Of course our emissions are contributing to the overall picture, but is Serge's Lada melting Greenland? Environmentalists are those who travel through sewers in glass- bottomed boats. (Not mine)
On 9/2/2011 5:37 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I tend to agree with that more than the opposite tack.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Rob and Karl: I can see where you come from. But with all due respect, the cumulative effects of Serge's Lada and the cows in Holland farting plus everything elsemight just be bad, real bad. And 1 Mount Pinotubo's burb can't put enough SO2 into the stratosphere to counteract all that. Not that I am longing for a Krakatao ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 9/2/2011 5:05 PM, Han wrote:

"If" the earth is becoming warmer because of man, it is because the atmosphere has been cleaned up enough that more sun light is reaching the earth. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That cleaning up would work both ways, I think, incoming and radiating out. But I do winder whether the 9/11 clearing of the upper atmosphere where jets fly had any effect. Someone ought to have been able to measure it, because it ws mostly clear all over the US and the disappearance of contrails quite remarkable.
--
Best regards
Han