OT: Global warming deniers debunked

Page 13 of 13

"Leon" wrote

Me too. It took me a minute to search and discover where MS hides their block senders command. (They love to hide things) But I found it and added Twink, er.., Twayne to the bozo bin.
Ahhhh...., That felt good.

.
<snip> More on the controversy here: <http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=new-research-examines - role-of-clouds-in-climate-change> or http://tinyurl.com/4xmurwo
There's probably more to follow, as Spencer didn't have a chance to formulate a reply as yet.
Short version: The global climate is warming, and Spencer's premises and data are either wrong or too handpicked.
In the meantime our town (Fair Lawn, NJ) is preparing for another flooding after the horrendous Irene flooding less than 2 weeks ago.
--
Best regards
Han

Global flooding?? (grin)

No, the flood from Irene was the second highest flood ever (1903 was higher). Global flooding only happened once before (Noah) that we know of. Whether it is more building in the flood plain, coincidental heavy rains, or whatever, we have had 3 times 100-year floods in the last few years. I'm fairly safe, but I'll have higher school taxes next year, since 1 of the 2 middle schools flooded, and it is taking even longer than "they" thought to clean it up.
--
Best regards
Han
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Even Noah had his problems:
Lord: "Noah, my servant, why hast thou not finished the Ark which I commanded thee to build?"
Noah: "Lord, my three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japeth have formed a rock band. My wife of many years hath joined an awareness group. The gopher wood Thou commandedest me to use won't be delivered until next Thursday!"
Lord: "What of the animals I commanded thee to gather, by pairs?"
Noah: "Lord, seventeen are endangered species and I am waiting for government approval to move them. Oysters can be had only by dozens, and water buffalos can not be had for love or money. I had a very unplesant experience with a third monkey on the gangplank earlier in the week and still bear great scars on my body.
"Lord, I am undone!"
Lord: "As am I. Why else do you think I planned this great flood?"
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Even Noah had his problems:
Lord: "Noah, my servant, why hast thou not finished the Ark which I commanded thee to build?"
Noah: "Lord, my three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japeth have formed a rock band. My wife of many years hath joined an awareness group. The gopher wood Thou commandedest me to use won't be delivered until next Thursday!"
Lord: "What of the animals I commanded thee to gather, by pairs?"
Noah: "Lord, seventeen are endangered species and I am waiting for government approval to move them. Oysters can be had only by dozens, and water buffalos can not be had for love or money. I had a very unplesant experience with a third monkey on the gangplank earlier in the week and still bear great scars on my body.
"Lord, I am undone!"
Lord: "As am I. Why else do you think I planned this great flood?"
And after it rained for forty days and forty nights and the earth was cover in floods, Texas got two-tenths.
Dave in Houston

How do you like the smoke in Houston from the fires to the North this morning? Walked this dogs and walked back in smelling like A chimney and the dogs had trouble breathing.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Dave in Texas wrote:

There is a theory, with much to commend it, that all the water in Texas was taken up by the Lord and subsequently dumped on Noah.
History may be repeating itself.