OT: Global warming deniers debunked

Page 12 of 13
On 9/4/2011 4:17 PM, Bill wrote:

:)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Next up on the agenda driven "science" of climate change:
<quote>
By "Harry" Dear Dr Spencer, As I have read at Dr Pielkes blog, a rebuttal of your paper by Dessler will be published next week in GRL.
What amazes me is how fast this rebuttal is being peer reviewed and accepted and how unusual this is: a rebuttal should have been published by comment to your paper in Remote Sensing, not by a CAGW friendly journal like GRL.
The team seems to be under large pressure, possibly by the AR5 community?
</quote>
Politicized "science" as usual ... just wanted you to know, in advance, where the next "Global warming deniers debunked" headline is coming from.
Trust me, it will be posted here as GOSPEL "quicker than you can say Jack Robinson".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Karl, I am not familiar with these acronyms, nor with the reference to Jack Robinson. I guess GRL is a journal, perhaps Geophysical Research Letters. If so, this quote may be relevant: "Due to changing Editorial policies, GRL no longer considers comments and replies for publication."
The "Impact factors" of GRL & Remote Sensing are in the same ballpark, with RS higher, but declining as of lately <http://www.aboutgis.com/gis-and-remote-sensing-journal-list-with-impact - factors/>
Impact factors supposedly rate the relative quality and importance of journals, but this is often skewed by the tendency of authors to quote their own work more than that of others ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 9/4/2011 12:03 PM, Han wrote:

I'm sure that even Copernicus and Galileo would have agreed with that ... :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

It won't be taken as "gospel" by any thnkng persons with open minds and a genuine interest in things other than demonstrating their egoes. Whenever anyones says "trust me" it's time to put the microscope on them. If they had any credibility they wouldn't have to beg for "trust". You're only one voice amongst a din of others with various positions. In fact, I have to wonder why you'd post this drivel here at all; there are better newsgroups for you to be heard in unless you've worn out your welcome there.
What's your woodworkiing question/response swing?
HTH,
Twayne`
On 9/4/2011 8:04 PM, Twayne wrote:

You putz! I recommended in an earlier post that you stick around for a few years to feel the group out before making any recommendations as to who should go where to post. I suppose you were just itching to spew your thoughts about some one asking you to trust them. If you don't stop trying to be the he-man protector of this group you are going to find very quickly that your words are going to fall on deaf ears. You can trust me on that.
On 9/4/2011 8:21 PM, Leon wrote:

LOL ... the funny thing is that TB bozo binned him on its own as I don't see any of his posts unless someone replies to him.
Obviously a sockpuppet by any other name is still a sockpuppet.
go figure ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 9/4/2011 11:24 PM, Swingman wrote:

I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt as IIRC he does talk wood working on occasion but if I see him pull the net-nanny card again he'll be a goner.

--snip--
Filters are your friend.
-- Live Simply. Speak Kindly. Care Deeply. Love Generously. -- anon
On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 21:53:10 -0700, Larry Jaques

Could filter him sure, but reading the messages from self important people is occasionally enjoyable. Add to that some of the crap he posts, then it gets hilarious pretty quick.
On 9/5/2011 12:01 AM, Dave wrote:

That's right and IIRC he does sometimes have something of value to say.
On 9/4/2011 11:53 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Damn Larry I am aware of that. Hell if I was as intolerant as you I would have filtered you long ago. ;~)

Thank you. <titter>
Is it intolerant to shield yourself from bozos, wear sunglasses, put on sunscreen, wear jackets, put on mosquito repellant or swat flies? Or are those simple protections against the irritants in life?
P.S: If you were that tolerant, you wouldn't be whining to 'em all. ;)
-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself. -- Louis L'Amour
On 9/5/2011 7:05 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

;~)
In typed:

You should read the RFCs about OT posts; it would appear you never have.

"Trust me" is one of the first indicators a person has little to no verifiable information. It will affect your credibility every time.

I can trust you, eh? That's like another "trust me" comment. Thinking people don't write the kinds of posts you write. And if this bothered you all that much, your skin is way too thin for usenet; try the forums next time.
I suspect, they way you don't know what you're talking about that I've been around a LOT longer than you have. Now, what was your woodworking post again? Ask mommy if you're confused; she's probably more knowledgeable than you are. If you don't like a post, don't read it. Or is that too hard for your lazy ass to comprehend?
HTH,
Twayne`
On 9/5/2011 10:18 AM, Twayne wrote:

Hope you never have any thing worth while to say, PLONK!

On 9/5/2011 10:33 AM, Leon wrote:

The wooddorkers of the dworld thank you! :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
BTW: Don`t bother with the PLONK as most of you have already publicly grandstanded with that and it didn't`t work last time. ---------------------- "Swingman" wrote in message
On 9/5/2011 10:33 AM, Leon wrote:

The wooddorkers of the dworld thank you! :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

It's interesting, isn't it, that the guys who just stood up for him also plonked him the same day? Makes my head hurt. <thud>
-- One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. -- Sophocles
On 9/5/2011 12:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I'm on a roll.....You are next! LOL