OT: Global warming deniers debunked

Page 2 of 13
On 9/2/2011 3:29 PM, DGDevin wrote:

You want a response, knock off the condescending snideness.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:37:57 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Sometimes, snideness is well deserved :-).

On 9/3/2011 11:40 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

But not when exceeded by superciliousness. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

and yet those same scientist cannot reproduce the climate in their computer generated models

And we can't use computer generated models to forecast tax receipts, the economy, or even the Super Bowl winner. Most systems are too complex to be modeled accurately, but that never stops anyone from trying and pretending the models actually mean something.
On 9/2/2011 5:05 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Precisely, until the models become accurate they remain assumptions.
On 9/3/2011 8:05 AM, Leon wrote:

Yesterday the weather experts said it would hit 91 here. Only made it to 82 on my weather stations. So much for their models:-). I've seen them lie about the 90 mark almost as much as the amount of snow we get. Not sure if it's just the lying, sensationalist, news media or what, but I know the f**ker's are lying.
--
Jack
Got Change: Inconvenient Truth =====> Convenient Lies!
On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 10:43:36 -0400, Jack Stein wrote:

Another one who confuses weather with climate is heard from.

Time honored tradition on both sides of the issue. My favorite was about 5 years or so ago when the weather got into a pattern for about 6 weeks of raining every weekend. It was announced by an environmental group that this was related to the build up particulates in the air during the work week and we could expect it to continue. It didn't, but nobody mentioned that....
On 9/3/2011 12:43 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Hardly! My issue was not weather change, climate change, global warming, local cooling. My issue was they can't tell you what the temperature is going to be tomorrow, they blatantly lie about the amount of snow we get, even when people can look out the window and see for themselves, and they want us to believe their funky man made global warming garbage. They can't even figure out if we are in a warming or cooling climate phase. Twas only a few years back the same dickheads were going on and on about global cooling...
Hockey stick my ass!
--
Jack
Got Change: Inconvenient Truth =====> Convenient Lies!

Why do they call Greenland Greenland when it is really Whiteland? Did it use to be warmer there? If so maybe we should be concerned about global cooling.

Yes.
Indeed. Warmer is far better than cooler. Food doesn't like cold.

For most, yes. For some, not necessarily, as the French dying in unairconditioned elderly facilities testify to. As did the Russians dying of heat in 2010. Why didn't they have A/C? Like in Holland, they never needed it in the past. They do now because things got hotter in the summer.
--
Best regards
Han
On 9/4/2011 7:51 AM, Han wrote:

The died because their time was up. Nothing complicated about that, it could be just as easy for them to have died because of the cold, or disease or poor health to begin with. Every one is going to die at some point and there is always going to be a reason.

Then maybe we should help them on their way? Death panels and so on? Come on Leon, that couldn't be what you meant, right?
--
Best regards
Han
On 9/4/2011 9:33 AM, Han wrote:

Not sure where you are going with death panels but there is always going to be a reason why some one dies. The heat might have been a contributing factor but absolutely was not the sole cause of the death. It just happened to be hot when these people died. Millions of others survived the heat. Had those that died during the hot weather survived for a few more months something else would have been the contributing factor that broke the camels back. Hot weather is not a new phenomenon, it is a reoccurring cycle.

Not so in this particular prolonged heat spell in France. And yes, everyone eventually dies, but there is no need to hasten it. I was in Holland at the time, and it was never in memory that hot that long even there (~4 hrs due north of Paris).
--
Best regards
Han
On 9/4/2011 11:10 AM, Han wrote:

What did any one do to hasten their deaths? Do you actually think that "man" has any control over when some one is going to die from mother nature? Was it as hot this year in Holland and or France, same amount of deaths from heat? There are always going to be new highs and new lows and we have nothing to do with it. If we had any chance to knowledge to control the weather, we would already be doing so. Not going to happen. In the grand scheme of things we humans have little to no impact on the climate regardless of what studies may or may not indicate. Mother nature takes care of herself.

I'm not keeping track of every year's temps. It's just that the several years we have been vacationing in Holland and thereabouts these last 2 decades or so, that it has been hotter than usual almost every time. Not summers like I also remember when the high was nearer to 68F and often no more than 60F.
--
Best regards
Han

I remember that sometimes the summer in Holland fell on a Tuesday.