OT: From one vet to another

Page 2 of 2
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

I answered that question, but you conveniently left it out of your quotes ... as an Officer, TOE calls for him to be issued a pistol.

He used his own because he was a terrorist and cared naught for neither training nor discipline ... something else you snipped.
You didn't answer my question, but your initial statement made it obvious, you have not served.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Yeah, WTF,O? I think that the Demonrats all _want_ America to fail. My neighbor thinks that a certain guy in D.C. is an Arab sleeper, and the more I see of him, the more I'm tending to believe her. Why did he avoid Ft. Hood? (The last of a vast, growing line of questions.)
-- You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be the Golden Oldies. Now that's SCARY! --Maxine
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

And to all who serve now.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

:http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/remembranceday/article/723701--song-commemorates-highway-of-heroes
Not a vet, but just a nice view of how other people cover this day.
--
Froz...

FrozenNorth said:

"Canadians gather along the 172-kilometre stretch of Highway 401 between Trenton and Toronto every time a convoy carrying the body of a dead soldier travels that final homecoming route."
Now that's reverence!
We in the US get blackouts. :-\
Well wishes to those who serve.
Greg G.
"Greg G." wrote:

Is that why Obama went to Dover in the middle of the night?
Lew
Lew Hodgett said:

Everybody's a freaking comedian today. It was a reference to media blackouts by the previous admin. As for Obama, likely publicity but at least a modicum of respect for those losses.
Greg G.
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:27:21 -0500, the infamous Greg

Hell, Greg. Don't drink so much and you won't black out.
--LJ, blackout-free for 24 years 4 months now.
---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary ===================================================

Very funny, Larry. It was a poke at chickenhawk Cheney/Rummy's media blackout of returning veteran's caskets - that pissed me off.
Actually, have never blacked out, it's a control thing. I partake on occasion, but I don't drink _that_ much - it's not a lifestyle or anything. Always had to worry about getting home in one piece, and what people will do to you if you pass out in public.

Congratulations.
Greg G.

Thank you and back atcha
Korea, '50 - '51
Max

My thanks also to all those who served, from all nations.
My number came up when i was 18 in the very last draft, - they wouldn't take me, - because of the same ailment that has now temporarily sidelined me. I then tried as a volunteer with an offer to acknowledge and absolve the military from responsibility for my existing condition. No dice. Bastards.
WW2. My mother and father both instilled in us just how much this country owes the US for the final outcome of that war. We were constantly reminded over the years to make sure we understood and appreciated what it meant. I have continued that tradition. But for the US, we would almost certainly be speaking Japanese.
"Lest we forget."
diggerop

Amen to that.
I grew up in Wageningen, Netherlands, where the Germans finally surrendered on May 5, 1945. In 1950 there was a parade through town of Allies, and a taptoe (spelling?) at night, where the Marine silenbt drill team impressed me (5 years old) tremendously.
--
Best regards
Han

That would certainly live with you forever.
This link gives the current usage and says it originated from the Old Dutch doe den tap toe .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_tattoo
diggerop

Thanks for the explanation. Never knew that.
--
Best regards
Han

Yes, things could be worse. You could be speaking Strine. Oh, wait a minute...
-- You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be the Golden Oldies. Now that's SCARY! --Maxine
Larry Jaques wrote:

... and the Aussies have been one of the stalwarts in the war on terror. One of your own artists tributes to your troops: <http://www.blackfive.net/main/2006/10/beccy_cole_post.html

Rob Leatham

And to you and all the rest who served. USN 55-59, USNR SeaBees 63-73
Norm
In article

I knew there was something I liked about you :-)
USN Seabees 1967-71 RVN Class of '69 RNMCB-21 for a couple of years in the late 70's to see if I still liked it.
Joe aka 10x