OT: Forklifts and vodka don't mix (well)

Something to think about as you build shelves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPRVxSK0Ckw&feature=related

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey said:

I saw this clip on TV and wondered what the puff of smoke and what appears to be flames coming from the fork-lift are - Malfunction? (Ir)regardless, an expensive faux pas.
Did you receive Santa's shiny red package?
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

I did - Thank you!
The mail carrier was as dazzled as I with the envelope. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey said:

The girl I work with used up all my "normal" envelopes and that is what I got when requesting one. Even the post office guy made an issue of it - rather embarrassing.
As for the content, I'm just paying it forward, as Swing and others donated old tools to the cause when I first appeared here many years ago. I hadn't used it in years, and you seemed to have a need. Anything I can do to help a fellow wrecker /and/ reduce our dependence on oil is a good thing in my book! Hope it helps - it's pretty cool.
Greg G.
On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 01:07:00 -0500, the infamous Greg

He just STARTED it, silly. Vroom, vroom, y'know? I'll bet they have accelerator limit blocks installed in those things, and that they use a whole helluva lot stronger, better-braced shelving units in the very near future. That's a lot of weight, all that moldy potato water.

I'm pretty sure that I do _not_ want to know what you meant by that.
-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

I worked for a large (now bankrupt) electronics distributor years ago, and the warehouse crew regularly destroyed much expensive merchandise with fork lifts. I've never seen flames come out the exhaust, however. Their favorite targets seemed to be the screens of Pioneer rear projection TVs - and knocking over the 15 high stacks of merchandise plainly labeled, "Do not stack more than 6 high."
I bet they saved a buck or two on those sorry shelves - what an investment. Went down faster than a crack addict on Peachtree.

How dare you sully the reputation of a venerable icon of excessive consumption and indulgence. WalMart would NOT approve. Besides, it's nothing a trip to the pharmacy won't clear up before Christmas. ;-)
But seriously, that salacious mindset can get you into big trouble...
Greg G.
On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:32:10 -0500, the infamous Greg

Man, what idiots! It's a good thing that most FL drivers are union members or their silly asses would be tossed out -yesterday-. One would think that management would get a clue when they saw the death and destruction toll each month/year in the warehouse.

Har!
It can also get you into delicious situations (with beautiful women above your station) in a hurry, so it works out in the end, so to speak. Make sure your wallet has the O wear marks, and we're not talking BamBam or Oprah here.
-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Morris Dovey" wrote:

Hell of a way to lose $150K of Ruski booze.
Wonder how much the F/L operator had in him.?
Lew

Probably higher losses in cardboard and glass than the losses in booze. <shudder>
Morris Dovey wrote:

Saw that yesterday, it was a feature on failblog. Seems to be a fundamental problem with the shelving system as well as the fork lift driver. One impact shouldn't bring down a whole warehouse full of shelving.

Rob Leatham
On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 22:02:04 -0700, Mark & Juanita

Don't know about shelving quality, but it sure was a big, big problem with shelving spacing.