OT: Fix for pesky cheapo aglets

Page 4 of 4
I must be getting too old.
I had no idea what an aglet was... didn't care. Never spent a day thinking about one. What caught me about this thread was that Karl makes an off handed innocent reference/guess to a region by direction when trying to find out what an aglet actually is or does, and panties knot so tightly that the thread generates more activity than those dedicated to wood working.
I thought the original post was interesting and kind of fun, but I think now I don't want anything to do with aglets. It seems that it is a much hotter topic than I would have ever guessed it to be. Sadly, I am not well traveled and as a result I don't think too hard on regional references. I enjoy them. Around here, we laugh about our regional references, idioms and colloquialisms and get a kick out of something being "a Southern thing". A shortcoming on my part, no doubt. I will endeavor to be more watchful for regional or even area references in the future to make sure my Southerness isn't impugned.
And I looked up "aglet". Although I have been wearing shoes and boots now for several years, I have decided from reading all of this that I don't see what the fuss is about when talking about "the plastic deal on the end of the laces that keeps them from unraveling".
How does anyone get sensitive when talking about a fricking shoelace?
Robert

-------------------------------------------------- It's been a slow day in the news room.
Lew

Exactly, I live in the same city as Dave, and I knew what an aglet was, but I did not take any offense by Swingman's comments.
--
Froz...

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 01:26:15 -0400, FrozenNorth

Well, if it will help any, my first reply on the subject was intended to be a joke. But, it spiraled down from there.

Over here in far East (Texas), that's a "farking" shoelace, Bubba! ;)
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

No need, cowboy boots are aglets ... they lets you do agriculture without getting bullshit on your socks.
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:06:23 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Real life troubles causing one to be in a bad mood?
That my guess.
Mark