OT FIRST RUN WOODWORKS

[snip of a pet peeve]

Anything worth watching can be had via bittorrent. No commercials and the fastest FF you'll ever see. I have yet to see commercials on torrents.

Reply to
Robatoy

BUT ROBERT!

If you d>

Reply to
Leon

Your kid(s) ... college age or less?

Well, maybe not yours ... he's too smart to fall for the crap. :)

Reply to
Swingman

I rarely know when the "in" thing has arrived. I am sometimes the last one to find out things that are cool. Sadly, it's been that way for years.

But I have found that there are plenty of people around that will gladly tell me what to think.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I DO know when things have run their course. I'm ripping out all kinds of Hunter Green countertops... laminate and solid surface. A few years back, it was 'Coral' aka pink. Add to that scores of almond fridges and stoves...but they are now coming back as....linen or bisque. (A bit lighter, but bone-almond nonetheless.) Now I have to find the sumbiatch who was wiping white paint all over oak and then staining it....

And would you look at some of kids putting their hair in beehives...thank you, you s**nk Winehouse, you!!

Reply to
Robatoy

RE: Style

When it comes to style, I have a very straight forward position.

I AM THE STYLE.

If you are not wearing what I wear, get with the program, YOU are out of style.

Next subject.

Over the years have watched each generations hair styles as they attempt to identify themselves.

I smile to myself and remember back when I was about 15 and wore a D/A that I thought made me look like the cat's ass.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I agree, clearly you are behind the times. LOL Cool is not cool any more, it's Phat and Sweet. Or is it Sweet and Phat?

Noooo kidding.

Reply to
Leon

A truly accurate term that I have heard used is SICK.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I thought it was KEEN.

Reply to
Robatoy

Groovy?

Reply to
Woodie

Far OUT!

Reply to
Robatoy

Neato?

Reply to
Timothy Drouillard

Okay!! We have a winner!

Reply to
Robatoy

You're right! That's just the cat's meow!

Reply to
Woodie

23-skidoo to all of you.
Reply to
jo4hn

I know the feeling!

However, if I find it truly desirable, I save money by buying the previous "in thing"... Used!

I can't tell you where the "IN" places are, either, 'cause I always look out of place there.

My wife throws out my clothes and shoes when I'm not looking!

I buy reconditioned and used tools, bring usable things home from the dump... I am good about not pack ratting, only getting and keeping what I truly use. Unused, but usable stuff goes to eBay.

About the only thing I'll spring for new are GOOD tools that I can't find used, and vehicles, as I drive them to the grave and like them to have the features and colors I want. If I'm going to live with a vehicle for 10-15 years, I'm getting what I like.

**
**

B A R R Y

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all about confidence!

**
**

B A R R Y

I have some really strange looking shirts that I wear from time to time, courtesy of Good Will. Some days I look like a bowler, sometimes an old redneck retread, and other times just weird.

I had a guy that worked for me for years as a painter, and I noticed that he almost never had shirts with a lot of crap on them. He told me that his wife bought shirts at GW for $3, and he wore them until they were all gooped and painted, then they went in the trash.

So now, I save all my nice shirts for "estimatin' " days, or days when I have lunches I have to go to. When I am doing repairs, finishing or painting, or anything else that will surely get on my clothes I wear GW shirts. Got some funky ones, to be sure. I remember wearing some of these styles back in the 70s...

Now if I could only convince the SO that air conditioning in the briefs is not only a natural but expected event from thoughtful wear and good service. She sees holes; I see provenance. She refers to them as "gross"; I call them comfortable. Go figure.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Point out that out underwear has less holes than the "Chain link" cat suits that we'd like them to wear!

**
**

B A R R Y

That is a lot more information....