OT FIRST RUN WOODWORKS

Page 1 of 6
Just curious, are there any first run Woodworks episodes? DIY network runs the show all weekend, but I have noticed they are all dated 2002 to 2005.
"ron" wrote in message

Actually, there haven't been any new shows in over three years. Here is a video interview with David and his wife, Victoria, where he mentions the number of episodes:
http://thewoodwhisperer.com/episode-24-david-marks-interview /
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Here in southern Calif "WoodsmithShop" just started airing on PBS The shows I've seen deal with the basic wwing process
"i82much" wrote

We've got them on PBS here also. Although I've set the DVR to record them just in case, the "WoodsmithShop" content thus far have been a bit too basic to keep for my purposes, although I'm glad to see that ww shows are still being produced and run on PBS.
AAMOF, I wish I still had the original versions I recorded from PBS of "Wood Works" (lost them on a DVR that went south before I had a chance to xfer them to DVD), as the DIY versions are full of DIY's inane commercial bullshit, including pop up screens over the content on occasion ... damned American commercial greed.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Was WoodWorks ever on PBS? I thought that was a DIY original. I remember David mentioning as he was describing the production process the voiceover work he had to do in post including the extremely annoying "when we come back..." and "previously on our project..." segments bracketing the commercials.
I was also surprised at how pressing (and unrealistic) the production team could be regarding time and the processes to be demonstrated. He mentioned one segment in which he was to do a glueup which would take several minutes on a good day, but if pushed, he might be able to do in 50 seconds. They alloted 7 seconds. He argued, they insisted, he tried to explain, they insisted, he did it in 50 seconds, anyway, and let them "fix it in post."
Although it generally looked like he was enjoying the show, there was apparently a fair amount of behind the scenes frustration. Still, he was ready to do more when they pulled the plug on production. I don't remember (if I knew) whether that was a DIY decision or the productiont company.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
"LRod" wrote

You're right ... I've always used a DVR to record WoodWorks because I was usually gone on Saturday nights. I _thought_ I remembered the original shows without commercial interruption, which could only have happened on PBS.
I'm definitely making a conscious effort to do less thinking as time goes by, apparently for good reason ...

Currently recording the ones I lost and I certainly don't remember all the aggravating crap DIY flashes on the screen during the actual "re-run" content.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

All of the stations are doing those now. It's the bane of modern TV watching. Where it really annoys me is when the original programming has its own chyron with either subtitling or some other descriptive material,. fairly important to the content, and it gets covered up in reruns by an invitation to watch next Tuesday's something or other.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Man oh man, that's a pet peeve of mine. And something I saw starting last year was the animated ads featuring all the people in a cast that walk on the screen (all the way across) and pose while another graphic swims around on the right finally forming a time and a date for that show's cast to look at.
And I have no patience for the shows with commercials. If I can't see it without interrruption, 99% of the time I won't watch it. The shows aren't good enough to keep my attention. I will literally wander off during commercial and come back after the show is over. No, I don't have ADD, the shows just aren't good enough to keep my attention.
It started with the VCR, and auto-skip on commercials. I had been FF through commercials for years, doing it manually, but the auto-skip just made it too easy. And if a show doesn't grab me at the opening, it's gone. I have no idea how anyone sits down to "watch" as show as it is being broadcast anymore if it has commercials.
I have the finger on FF all the time on recorded shows, too. Much better use of time, and much less aggravating when viewing TV.
Robert
[snip of a pet peeve]

Anything worth watching can be had via bittorrent. No commercials and the fastest FF you'll ever see. I have yet to see commercials on torrents.
BUT ROBERT!
If you don't watch commercials, how do you know when the new "in" thing has arrived? ;~)

"Leon" wrote in message

Your kid(s) ... college age or less?
Well, maybe not yours ... he's too smart to fall for the crap. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

I rarely know when the "in" thing has arrived. I am sometimes the last one to find out things that are cool. Sadly, it's been that way for years.
But I have found that there are plenty of people around that will gladly tell me what to think.
Robert

of Hunter Green countertops... laminate and solid surface. A few years back, it was 'Coral' aka pink. Add to that scores of almond fridges and stoves...but they are now coming back as....linen or bisque. (A bit lighter, but bone-almond nonetheless.) Now I have to find the sumbiatch who was wiping white paint all over oak and then staining it....
And would you look at some of kids putting their hair in beehives...thank you, you skank Winehouse, you!!
"Robatoy" wrote:

RE: Style
When it comes to style, I have a very straight forward position.
I AM THE STYLE.
If you are not wearing what I wear, get with the program, YOU are out of style.
Next subject.

Over the years have watched each generations hair styles as they attempt to identify themselves.
I smile to myself and remember back when I was about 15 and wore a D/A that I thought made me look like the cat's ass.
Lew
On Tue, 06 May 2008 13:26:52 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

It's all about confidence! <G>

I agree, clearly you are behind the times. LOL Cool is not cool any more, it's Phat and Sweet. Or is it Sweet and Phat?

Noooo kidding.

I thought it was KEEN.
Robatoy wrote:

Groovy?