OT: Fibonacci Numbers Video

Page 2 of 2
On 7/25/2011 8:51 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Well said ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Yup
On 7/25/11 9:48 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Can ya feel the love? :-)
--

-MIKE-

The Fibonacci ratio shows up a lot in naturally evolved designs.
The length of the bones in the hand and fingers show the Fib ratio in their lengths. Also the length of the hand compared to the length of the forearm. The distance from the floor to a human's naval as compared to the distance from the naval to the top of the head is Fib. The placement of the F holes on a violin are determined using F. numbers.
And, it's not just the ratio, it's the actual numbers that also recur. The number of rows on a seed head of wheat and the number of seeds per row.
Livio's book, "The Golden Ratio," can be dense reading. Here's a quick entertaining read loaded with examples. "Fascination Fibonaccis - Mystery and Magic in Numbers," by Garland. You can get a used copy for as little as $1.62 (Amazon.com product link shortened)