OT: - Fallujah FIght

Page 1 of 2
Fallujah Fight
A U.S. Marine squad was marching north of Fallujah when they came upon an Iraqi terrorist, badly injured and unconscious. On the opposite side of the road was an American Marine in a similar but less serious state. The Marine was conscious and alert and as first aid was given to both men, the squad leader asked the injured Marine what had happened.
The Marine reported, "I was heavily armed and moving north along the highway here, and coming south was a heavily armed insurgent. We saw each other and both took cover in the ditches along the road. I yelled to him that Saddam Hussein was a miserable, lowlife scum bag who got what he deserved, and he yelled back that Ted Kennedy is a fat, good- for-nothing, left wing liberal drunk who doesn't know how to drive. So I said that Osama Bin Laden dresses and acts like a frigid, mean- spirited lesbian!
He retaliated by yelling, "Oh yeah? Well, so does Nancy Pelosi!"
"And, there we were, in the middle of the road, shaking hands, when a damned truck hit us."

That joke has a lot of depth to it. Funny as well.

That joke has a lot of depth to it. Funny as well.
That joke is 35-40 years old. Only that back then it was Ho Chi Mihn and LBJ!
Dave in Houston
On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:29:27 -0500, Dave in Houston wrote:

Older than that. I heard it during the Korean war. It may well be even older.

Larry Blanchard wrote:

As the comic strip "Gordo" said years ago, "there are no new jokes, only new listeners"

Rob Leatham

I think the original version might have been with Scipio and Hannibal, and it was an elephant, not a truck.
Luigi

Pelosi would have only been a teen-ager then...
Robatoy wrote:

She was still a lesbian. ;-)
--
Froz...

RonB wrote:

I know a Marine who was in Fallujah. He was in a specialized unit that had trained to operate on and around Iraq's rivers since it was felt a lot of insurgent arms caches were on islands and so on. But right before they deployed to Iraq most of the experienced personnel were transferred to other units and replaced with green kids right out of basic. The leadership of the unit begged to keep at least some of the experienced NCOs, they were told to shut up, salute, and get on with the job. They weren't in country long before their intended specialized role was dumped and they were used for tasks like escorting convoys etc. before being sent to Fallujah. There the Marine I mentioned was in a Humvee hit by an IED. One of his guys lost an arm, another both legs, a third suffered a terrible head injury--the sort of thing that puts a person on lifetime disability. The guy I know walked away with hardly a scratch, unless you count the guilt of taking a squad of rookies into a meat-grinder like Fallujah and losing most of them.
Oh, that fat, good-for-nothing, left-wing former drunk who doesn't know how to drive voted *against* that war. Refresh my memory, did they find those WMDs yet?

No thank goodness. If we were not over there keeping them busy we would have seen the WMD's before now and closer to home.
Pretty easy to hide anything when you have 6 months to do it.
Leon wrote:

Horsecrap. Even Dick Cheney eventually admitted the WMDs where never there.

His mouth was moving so we believe every thing he says, right?
Adios my friends.
This poltical b.s. has ruined this newsgroup. I'm taking it off my computer. If you have anything concerning woodworking, go to Sawmill Creek.

Or, you could learn to filter...

I can't bear web discussion forums.

Check out Woodcentral as well.
Like most who use a dedicated newsreader, I find the web forums to be a comparative PITA. I suspect that a Google groups user would not feel much of a convenience loss. I don't know how the transition would be for someone like you who uses a mail client for newsgroups.
The content at both Sawmill Creek and Woodcentral is much richer than here, but I still follow all three. (I'm more interested in neander work and turning, and both forums have very active dedicated sections.)

DGDevin wrote:

Yes. We evicted him from his homes, confiscated his fortunes, exiled his family, arrested his friends, killed his children, and had his WMD ass hanged.

Whatever it takes to appease the Right, eh?
On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:43:29 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Appeasing is for lefties. When the right is right, they're right.
"krw" wrote:

Spare me the B/S.
Lew
On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 01:08:41 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

Why? We get enough from you and Robatoy, as well.