OT - Fall of a woodworking author

Page 2 of 2
Jack Novak responds:

Or a troll. His web site is "under construction". I wonder if it's possible to trace ownership there?
Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Well, the administrative contact is one Jeremy Baird. His address can be easily found as well as an email address, which I am not putting here because I have my doubts it is actually him. Easy enough to pull up on whois.net. The email address for the administrative contact is an AOL address. There appears to be a possible anonymizer in the path.
I expect it is largely a dead, and probably not worth it for someone who is basically just a cowardly wimp who feels their standards should be everyones.
Paul Kierstead notes:

Suspect you're right, unfortunately, except that I doubt very much that it is a question of values. I'd guess the originator is doing nothing more than taking a malicious stab at the world for its inflicting the pain of existence on it.
Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers
On Tue, 04 May 2004 16:16:09 +0200, snipped-for-privacy@PlushRecordings.net wrote:

Is there something about being a well known writer that limits their right to use language of their choice?

If this is so, how do you rate the Person Who Shall Remain Un-Named who posted the quote from another newsgroup to here? After all, I'm guessing that based on your preceding, you're desire is to protect the poor women and children, thus the PWSRUN's act must be equally egregious.
Sorry, that dog won't hunt. Unless you are willing to go after PWSRUN with equal zeal, your credibilty doesn't amount to squat.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Oh, for crying out loud, why? Why not just give it a rest? What's to be gained, aside from cluttering up this newsgroup?
Please, don't. OK?
Jim Stuyck

Go stuff yourself. Seriously...
While you're at it do some of your research on a few other authors use of language that offends you and report back here. A couple of good ones to start with would be Twain and Hemmingway. Their use of coarse language is well documented yet it doesn't seem to have hurt their reputations nor their standing in the literary community any. Just think, you could be the hero that saves all future generations from these three authors(including Charlie).
OTOH the facts may show that you're really just a vocal asshole with a biased opinion.
Let us know either way, eh?
Art

Don't bother to post your results here troll. You are already in everyone's killfile.
Frank
Paul Kierstead wrote:

Hey, you ought to hear the women I work with. There's nothing they haven't seen, and I don't believe there's anything they haven't said, much less heard. Believe me, they (nurses) ain't fragile.
As for kids, have you listened to any of the little cherubs at the playground lately? I need protection from them; not the other way around.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com

haven't
heard.
playground
Ever listen to some of the *distaff* side of the military? Plug yer ears people!
As for the kiddies, many here on the wRECk know I spend my days volunteering(my 6th yr. now) with my best friend, who is a spec. ed. teacher for 8,9,10 yr. olds with emotional problems(you name it, we've seen it). In the last 2 days I've been called (repeatedly, at the top of their lungs) "Fu**in' Idiot", "Fu**in' Bitch", "You Fu**er", "I'm gonna break your fu**in' fingers" when they were out of control and had to be removed from the classroom to the "timeout" room across the hall or restrained. Let's not forget the "I'll stab you in the neck and slice your head off"!
This year is really a cake-walk compared to last year though. Is it June yet? By the end of the school year we REALLY need R & R.
--
Nahmie
The first myth of management is that management exists.

Yeah - I was bummed @ his last one, Haunted Mansion, IIRC?! Contained references that I felt were unnecessarily lewd. Oddly, I never noticed this stuff before until I had children... ;->
Kiss my bare white ass you low life, self righteous, self ordained, wreck nanny wannabe. We don't need no stinkin' 'summary' from you or anyone else. If someone rubs us the wrong way, we always have the option of ignoring or filtering them out. I, for one, could care less if someone uses the F word, the S word, the N word, or the D word. (the D word is Dave, sorry BAD, I couldn't resist. <G>) Oh, by the way, this is the Net and people do occasionally swear around here. Get used to it or watch PBS instead.                             Mark L.
snipped-for-privacy@PlushRecordings.net wrote:

Mark, that's ok, no need to apologize. :) I think you gave the OP a pretty good thrashin'. <g> What are the odds he is a regular, disguised as a transient troll?
dave
Mark L. wrote:

The first T&A flick I ever saw was on PBS (local channel 10). It was a "documentary" about fan dancers and it left absolutely nothing to the imagination. It would have received a strong "R" in the theatres.
Strangely enough I saw it a second time a year or two later. I'm sure that was just a coincidence those were the only two times I recall pops watching PBS.
Joe
Get used to it

Who the hell are you? Charlie's posted more good info here than 90% of the NG combined. Back off and go find another horse to ride..
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

< snipped-for-privacy@PlushRecordings.net> wrote in message
snipped-for-privacy@PlushRecordings.net wrote:

Fuck them. Well, Fuck the Women and cut the little bastards up for fish and gator bait, Chum.
And fuck you.

Mark

N.E. Ohio
snipped-for-privacy@PlushRecordings.net wrote in message

Thanks Dave. Good to see your time is not wasted.
dave
Whay can't he, if he wants. Are you saying he doesn't have the freedom to say what he wants. What's being a writer got to do with it? If any of what you say is true, and Charlie is happy with saying it, it is up to Charlie not you to decide what his level of conduct is. And any fallout ramifications because of it. If it has escaped you, he is an adult.
Keep your follow up posting to yourself. After all _you_ want to protect the women and children.

why do you address the OP as Dave? do you know which Dave it is? it sure as hell isn't me! You probably know who the TRUE poster is because it's undoubtedly one of the miscreants, of which you are a long standing member... you guys are as sick as they come, spreading lies.
dave