OT - Fall of a woodworking author

Seriously guys, why should a well known writer go around using language like that in a public forum? I have been scanning the archives for similar outbursts from Charlie Self. I will put together a summary upon my completion thereof. Expect a follow up posting here within a week. This follow up post will contain references to examples of Charlie Self, demonstrating what a sleazy slime bucket he really is, and some email addresses to send off your complaints to. Charlie is a "garbage-mouth", no better than Howard Stern or Eddie Murphy. There are women and children who read the wreck, and RPD. They should not be subjected to his filth.

Reply to
JeremyBaird

Try using your filters instead. It will be much easier for you and you'll spare us from more of your tripe.

Reply to
Saudade

Seriously Jereme you scanning is EXTREMELY biased. You obviously are looking to burn Charlie. If you do a decent scan you will find that Charlie falls in the below average group of people with language that you are looking for.

Save your findings and put them with you Quarter and call someone that cares.

Your trolling is far worse offensive than Charlie's language.

The women and children should also not be subjected to biased ignorance. Take it some where else.

Reply to
Leon

Leon notes:

I'm curious as to what he can scan from reliable sources. I just did a scan of google, tying my name and f**k in rec.woodworking. Came up with 29 incidents, about half of which were tied to someone else using the word. Going back to '98, IIRC.

I wonder if the guy is traceable. He's obviously working with malice aforethought. I wouldn't mind at all introducing him to a libel lawyer of my acquaintance. Or is it slander on here?

Charlie Self "The lust of avarice as so totally seized upon mankind that their wealth seems rather to possess them than they possess their wealth." Pliny

Reply to
Charlie Self

He is probably doing a search that includes BOTH Charlie and the word that toots his whistle the most.

So how is the bird house book coming along?

I have a close friend that has been slowly getting into woodworking and he and his wife recently bought a house out in the country which also has a

30'x45' steel building on the 3 acre lot.

A bird house book would be a great house warming gift.

Reply to
Leon

Is there something about being a well known writer that limits their right to use language of their choice?

If this is so, how do you rate the Person Who Shall Remain Un-Named who posted the quote from another newsgroup to here? After all, I'm guessing that based on your preceding, you're desire is to protect the poor women and children, thus the PWSRUN's act must be equally egregious.

Sorry, that dog won't hunt. Unless you are willing to go after PWSRUN with equal zeal, your credibilty doesn't amount to squat.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Oh, for crying out loud, why? Why not just give it a rest? What's to be gained, aside from cluttering up this newsgroup?

Please, don't. OK?

Jim Stuyck

Reply to
Jim Stuyck

That's what I did. Results were poor, as I said: 29 incidents since about '98. I'd really expected a few more, especially since about half of those were from other people responding to me.

In a stall right now. We're prepping to move back to Virginia and work has been picking up a little.

Yeah, it would. Wish I could deliver a new one. I might get lucky and get it out in time for Christmas, but that's if everything is flawless in the move, business stays stable or better, health holds up, the grandkids stay of trouble, the vehicles hold together, all that good stuff of day-to-day life.

Charlie Self "The lust of avarice as so totally seized upon mankind that their wealth seems rather to possess them than they possess their wealth." Pliny

Reply to
Charlie Self

Go stuff yourself. Seriously...

Reply to
mttt

While you're at it do some of your research on a few other authors use of language that offends you and report back here. A couple of good ones to start with would be Twain and Hemmingway. Their use of coarse language is well documented yet it doesn't seem to have hurt their reputations nor their standing in the literary community any. Just think, you could be the hero that saves all future generations from these three authors(including Charlie).

OTOH the facts may show that you're really just a vocal asshole with a biased opinion.

Let us know either way, eh?

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

I once asked a lawyer the same question, and he said that I'd have to prove damages.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Bob Schmall responds:

I wonder, if the intent is obviously malicious? It's worth a phone call, once I know I have some way of tracing this guy.

Charlie Self "The lust of avarice as so totally seized upon mankind that their wealth seems rather to possess them than they possess their wealth." Pliny

Reply to
Charlie Self

Don't bother to post your results here troll. You are already in everyone's killfile.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Hey, you ought to hear the women I work with. There's nothing they haven't seen, and I don't believe there's anything they haven't said, much less heard. Believe me, they (nurses) ain't fragile.

As for kids, have you listened to any of the little cherubs at the playground lately? I need protection from them; not the other way around.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Yeah - I was bummed @ his last one, Haunted Mansion, IIRC?! Contained references that I felt were unnecessarily lewd. Oddly, I never noticed this stuff before until I had children... ;->

Reply to
mttt

Hi Charlie,

A "Google" search shows that this is the only post made to any news group by "JeremyBaird". I suspect he's the troll.

Nova

Jack Novak responds:

Or a troll. His web site is "under construction". I wonder if it's possible to trace ownership there?

Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers

Reply to
Charlie Self

Well, the administrative contact is one Jeremy Baird. His address can be easily found as well as an email address, which I am not putting here because I have my doubts it is actually him. Easy enough to pull up on whois.net. The email address for the administrative contact is an AOL address. There appears to be a possible anonymizer in the path.

I expect it is largely a dead, and probably not worth it for someone who is basically just a cowardly wimp who feels their standards should be everyones.

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

Paul Kierstead notes:

Suspect you're right, unfortunately, except that I doubt very much that it is a question of values. I'd guess the originator is doing nothing more than taking a malicious stab at the world for its inflicting the pain of existence on it.

Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers

Reply to
Charlie Self

FWIR, you have to prove he purposefully misrepresented facts about you, and all I really see is "sleezy slime bucket". I guess taken literally it would pass mustard, since you are a person, and not a bucket, but I doubt you could make a case. I also agree with the part about damages. Most of these suits are won by showing the miscreant got others to believe you were something you were not, and it damaged your reputation. Since this guy is obviously a troll (or very strange lurker), why would anyone take him seriously?

One final note, you would have a more difficult time than me in proving your case, since you are probably a "public figure" in the eyes of the courts.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Tylicki