OT - Fall of a woodworking author

Page 1 of 2
Seriously guys, why should a well known writer go around using language like that in a public forum? I have been scanning the archives for similar outbursts from Charlie Self. I will put together a summary upon my completion thereof. Expect a follow up posting here within a week. This follow up post will contain references to examples of Charlie Self, demonstrating what a sleazy slime bucket he really is, and some email addresses to send off your complaints to. Charlie is a "garbage-mouth", no better than Howard Stern or Eddie Murphy. There are women and children who read the wreck, and RPD. They should not be subjected to his filth.
like that

from
Expect
bucket
Charlie is

women and

filth.
Try using your filters instead. It will be much easier for you and you'll spare us from more of your tripe.
Seriously Jereme you scanning is EXTREMELY biased. You obviously are looking to burn Charlie. If you do a decent scan you will find that Charlie falls in the below average group of people with language that you are looking for.
Save your findings and put them with you Quarter and call someone that cares.
Your trolling is far worse offensive than Charlie's language.
The women and children should also not be subjected to biased ignorance. Take it some where else.
like that

from
Expect
bucket
Charlie is

women and

filth.
Leon notes:

I'm curious as to what he can scan from reliable sources. I just did a scan of google, tying my name and f**k in rec.woodworking. Came up with 29 incidents, about half of which were tied to someone else using the word. Going back to '98, IIRC.
I wonder if the guy is traceable. He's obviously working with malice aforethought. I wouldn't mind at all introducing him to a libel lawyer of my acquaintance. Or is it slander on here?
Charlie Self "The lust of avarice as so totally seized upon mankind that their wealth seems rather to possess them than they possess their wealth." Pliny
He is probably doing a search that includes BOTH Charlie and the word that toots his whistle the most.
So how is the bird house book coming along?
I have a close friend that has been slowly getting into woodworking and he and his wife recently bought a house out in the country which also has a 30'x45' steel building on the 3 acre lot.
A bird house book would be a great house warming gift.

Charlie
scan of

incidents,
my
seems
Leon writes:

That's what I did. Results were poor, as I said: 29 incidents since about '98. I'd really expected a few more, especially since about half of those were from other people responding to me.

In a stall right now. We're prepping to move back to Virginia and work has been picking up a little.

Yeah, it would. Wish I could deliver a new one. I might get lucky and get it out in time for Christmas, but that's if everything is flawless in the move, business stays stable or better, health holds up, the grandkids stay of trouble, the vehicles hold together, all that good stuff of day-to-day life.
Charlie Self "The lust of avarice as so totally seized upon mankind that their wealth seems rather to possess them than they possess their wealth." Pliny

Charlie
scan of

incidents,
my
I once asked a lawyer the same question, and he said that I'd have to prove damages.
Bob
Bob Schmall responds:

I wonder, if the intent is obviously malicious? It's worth a phone call, once I know I have some way of tracing this guy.
Charlie Self "The lust of avarice as so totally seized upon mankind that their wealth seems rather to possess them than they possess their wealth." Pliny
FWIR, you have to prove he purposefully misrepresented facts about you, and all I really see is "sleezy slime bucket". I guess taken literally it would pass mustard, since you are a person, and not a bucket, but I doubt you could make a case. I also agree with the part about damages. Most of these suits are won by showing the miscreant got others to believe you were something you were not, and it damaged your reputation. Since this guy is obviously a troll (or very strange lurker), why would anyone take him seriously?
One final note, you would have a more difficult time than me in proving your case, since you are probably a "public figure" in the eyes of the courts.
Joe

once I

seems
Joe Tylicki writes:

Not so. Writers are not public figures, especially non-fiction writers for the types of magazines I write for.
Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers

and
would
these
Ok, I'll bite! I used to like you, Charlie, but now I realize you are a "sleezy slime bucket"! Now go get 'em! ;-) Greg
s-l-e-A-z-y. (courtesy the spelling police) :)
dave
Greg O wrote:

a "sleezy slime
You got me, and the troll had it spelled correctly.
I am now officially lower than a troll. Nothing a couple beers can't fix.
Joe

LOL! Pour me one too! Wait! I already had one today.
dave
Joe Tylicki wrote:

: LOL! Pour me one too! Wait! I already had one today.
Which is illegal for you, bein' in the seventh grade and all.
Good luck on yer addition 'n' subtraction tests next week, boy.
    -- Andy Barss
you why by any chance be the designated BAITER for the day, now would you, Andrew Arss?
dave
Andrew Barss wrote:

No, Dave, everyone acknowledges you as the Master Baiter. <g>
Charlie Self wrote:

Before you get too worked up, take a look at the header. It's seriously munged and when I do a traceroute on it I get a pile of bogus rDNS errors. My guess is it's our schizo again. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
dave in fairfax wrote:

Charlie Self wrote:

Hi Charlie,
A "Google" search shows that this is the only post made to any news group by "JeremyBaird". I suspect he's the troll.