OT: F1 from Montreal

Damned rain.
Send a LITTLE bit of it to Colorado and a LOT of it to Arizona for the forest fires. WW

I wondered where ours went.
San Antonio Texas rainfall YTD as per our water utility:
Rainfall to Date:     4.03" Normal Year to Date:     14.34"
So how about it? We have had many well out of normal temps days over 100 already, and with no water, we are looking like a desert. Top the above stats off with the fact that 1.5 inches fell in January, and that leaves 2.5 inches for 4.5 months! That's a little over half an inch a month.....
So, you can't have it both ways. As a personal request from me, please send our rain back to us, or let us have the F1 race.
;^)
Robert
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Until last night we had had less than 2" (closer to 1.5) since last August. Been way too hot too early here as well w/ several 100+ and don't remember even in the dry 50's so much strong (30-40+ sustained) wind for so long at a stretch w/o respite. Had half-dozen or maybe even more events of 2 days of the type already this spring.
But, we did get 1.85" last night and we missed the heavy stuff--tornado warnings all around but closest was about 5 miles; got e-mail from friends farming NE of town that they had about same rain but heavy hail took out what wheat they did have and probably the irrigated corn is beyond recovery altho it'll take a couple of days to see--it can sometimes amaze what it can recover from while still this young.

Hail is nasty stuff. About 10+ years ago the old shop was hit with a horizontal blast of hail (not big stuff, just lots of 1/2" hail) The crops near me were just 'sand blasted? for want of a better word' ... stripped to the stalks.

If I knew how, you'd have all the rain you wanted.
That was one awesome race full of awesomeness......

I agree that was one hell of a race! A real cliffhanger right to the end.

Yuppers, pretty much as good as it gets.
On 6/12/2011 4:16 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Like "Totally"!

Ahfur shuuuare!

We have gotten less than 1" since February. Hard to believe that almost to the day 10 years ago we got 26" in 5 days, IIRC about 36" during that 2 week period. Swingman will attest to the amount, I think he was waste deep in his house.