OT Electric motor from auction

Ok here is the story, I went to an auction and picked up some bargans. The one that has gotten my interest was a lot of three motors that all work but no one bid on so after the auctioneer shed some tears I offered $1.00 and almost got knocked over he said sold so fast. All the motors are 1/4 hp but one is huge. It was made by Century Electric of St Louis (I assume Mo) and the nameplate says Frigidaire on it. Nameplate also has 1/4 hp 110/220 vac 1750 rpm 4 amp ( yeah no decimal just 4) and a patent date of 1918. Also has frame and other stuff that I can't remember right now. Anybody know anything about the manufacturer or if they have a museum that might be interested in having this beast. I am afraid that this thing is so heavy anything I put it on will tip over. Thank you for any information or ideas. Larry
--
larry in Cinci

Same thing happened to me. 1/4 HP motor about 1917, Wagner Electric of St. Louis. Huge, almost cant pick it up. Fixed up the cord, added oil to the bearing wicks and it runs perfectly. Looked into the St. Louis connection, none of those pre-WW2 company connections exist today, but some parts were incorporated into organizations which still exist, doubt that any would be interested in the motor. Ask around at your local museum/university. Maybe some industrial historian might want to look at it. Brent Wegher
Thanks brent

organizations