OT: Ebay's new feedback system modifications

Page 2 of 2

The Ralph E Lindberg entity posted thusly:

Don't be shy. Send them an email and ask for feedback.
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

Say, when you pull up their feedback pages, do you see your feedback contribution?
er
--
email not valid

I buy a lot of stuff on Ebay and usually leave feedback in batches. It might be two months before I leave it -- though I always do. Unless the seller only has limited feedback, I don't perceive the need to hurry. If it's really important to you, you could e-mail the buyer.
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

I wasn't able to find an Ebay announcement or message about this. I wonder if it's experimental and only appears during testing?
Enoch Root wrote:

Enoch Root wrote:

They don't. Feedback often takes a day or so to show up after it's left.
Dhakala wrote:

Then it's entirely coincidence that the seller's feedback showed up on my feedback page immediately after my having left mine? I should add that I waited a considerable number of days after having noticed the feedback left on the "My Ebay" page before posting mine, and during that time it didn't appear.
But I suppose that's possible.
er
--
email not valid

I can't tell that anything had changed at least as of 1-18. I bought an item on that date and I had positive feedback as soon as I paid the guy. That was about four days before I recieved the item and that's when I left his feedback. Maybe the change was after that...?
Mike O.
Mike O. wrote:

I noticed on the 27th, where the seller left theirs on the 23rd (just checked.) I saw the pos feedback on the "My Ebay" page, but it didn't show up on the feedback page until right after I'd put mine up.
er
--
email not valid

I wonder if this means that if you leave negative, and the other party doesn't leave feedback it will never show up?
Fred
Fred wrote:

Good question. I knew there must be a bad side!
I'm beginning to think, though, that it may be nothing more than a synchronization issue of the databases. Haven't seen anything like a confirmation.
er
--
email not valid

snipped-for-privacy@eruditorum.org says...

Based on my experience, I'd say you've misinterpreted what happened. I have sold several things on eBay in the last couple days, and haven't left feedback for the buyers yet -- but I can see that one of them has left feedback for me.
Doug Miller wrote:

Okay. You mean you can read the feedback? Okay.
er
--
email not valid

Yes, absolutely.