OT - eBay Connection Problem?

I've been trying to get connected to eBay since yesterday. Still not able to get connected. Anyone else having the same problem? Or is it eBay?

JOAT Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification.

- Publilius Syrus

Reply to
J T

No problem here...

Reply to
Paul in MN

I've had no problem at all. Are you on a broadband connection? If so, try dialup. If you can then connect to ebay, contact your ISP. Sometimes there are routing problems -- or, like they say in Maine, ya kant get thea fram hea. In the past, I've had similar problems with some major internet sites. HTH. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

More info would be helpful. I.e., computer plugged in, city not blacked out, and so forth. In the meantime, remove all ebay cookies and try to connect again. (I get "browser rejecting cookies," when it ain't, and tossing my cookies helps my ebay experience. pun intended.)

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:52:29 GMT, "Paul in MN" calmly ranted:

Friday is Ebay's maintenance day, usually in the afternoon. If you have a MyEbay page, it will tell you when they do the free listings, maintenance, add new features, etc. I also track my sales, purchases, and feedback from there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked. ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sat, Nov 13, 2004, 9:14pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@die.spammer.die (Australopithecus=A0scobis) says: More info would be helpful. I.e., computer plugged in, city not blacked out, and so forth. In the meantime, remove all ebay cookies and try to connect again. (I get "browser rejecting cookies," when it ain't, and tossing my cookies helps my ebay experience. pun intended.)

Outdamnstanding. I have the link to my eBay page, and basic eBay search, saved, and normally get on eBay by clicking one of them. Even tried logging on eo eBay.com. Kept getting "eBay did not respond" messages. Never happened before. I had cleared cookies on Thu; but, cleared them again anyway, and viola, connected right away. Thanks.

JOAT Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification.

- Publilius Syrus

Reply to
J T

Well, my biggest problem is that it is way too EASY to get onto Ebay....I seem to spend a chunk a change on there at really regular intervals. On a more serious vein...WHile I have noticed some problems connecting at times in the past couple of weeks, I just pulled up my ebay page, and, it popped right up. I don't know if your WebTV browser has caching, but if it does, try clearning all history information before reconnecting. Also, you might try disconnecting completely...waiting at least fifteen minutes (which should be long enough for the various computers your system talks to to forget you), then, reconnect. Good luck (I think). Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt