OT: eBay auction maybe some of you can relate to

That guy is a marketing genius. A million hits!?

Jim

Reply to
James D. Kountz

And a hundred bids! Wish my auctions would draw that kind of action.

Wish I could write copy like that, too. (I wonder if there could be a connection there somewhere.)

Doug Miller

the number of bids? But US $99,999,999.00 ??? Come on, there's no way that can be real.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

When I first looked at it earlier today it was at $690, which was realistic. With all the publicity (I've seen the link in about 7 different places including Compuserve's publishing forum) somebody's decided to screw with the seller, is all.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

A hundred bids ain't hard. It's the top dollar that is. I hope he gets his money!

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

Missed the link... Anyone still got it?

Bubba ~~~ _/)~O~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Doug Miller wrote:

Reply to
007

"007" wrote in news:c6o58h$pov$1 @news.utelfla.com:

Han

Yeah, it was realistic when I first looked at it. If this whole thing isn't totally bogus, I think the seller needs to cancel a bunch of those outrageous bids and get the auction back in the range of the serious bidders.

But after notic> >

Reply to
Steve Turner

wow. 3 million hits and counting! bids up to nearly $20,000. Be interesting if he collects it!

Reply to
JohnT.

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith