OT: eBay auction maybe some of you can relate to

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemA46756343
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, change the chemical designation to its common name.

this)citlink.net> wrote:

Wish I could write copy like that, too. (I wonder if there could be a connection there somewhere.)
Doug Miller wrote:

A hundred bids ain't hard. It's the top dollar that is. I hope he gets his money!
Missed the link... Anyone still got it?
Bubba ~~~ _/)~O~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
this)citlink.net&gt; wrote:<BR>&gt;&nbsp; <BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;That guy is a marketing genius. A million hits!?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;And a hundred bids! Wish my auctions would draw that kind of action.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Wish I could write copy like that, too. (I wonder if there could be a <BR>&gt;connection there somewhere.)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;--<BR>&gt;Regards,<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Doug Miller (alphageek-at-milmac-dot-com)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,<BR>&gt;send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com<BR>&gt;You must use your REAL email address to get a response.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; <BR>&gt;<BR><BR>A hundred bids ain't hard.&nbsp; It's the top dollar that is.&nbsp; I hope he gets <BR>his money!<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemA46756343
--
Best regards
Han

There has got to be something fishy about that bid price - maybe eBay flipped out at the number of bids? But US $99,999,999.00 ??? Come on, there's no way that can be real.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

When I first looked at it earlier today it was at $690, which was realistic. With all the publicity (I've seen the link in about 7 different places including Compuserve's publishing forum) somebody's decided to screw with the seller, is all.
djb
--
Formosa's Law: "The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding
to it."
Dave Balderstone wrote:

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, change the chemical designation to its common name.
wow. 3 million hits and counting! bids up to nearly $20,000. Be interesting if he collects it!
Last night it hit $99 million. Have a look at the bid history. eBay cleaned all the fakers out!
JohnT. wrote:

When I first looked at it the bids were up to over $800,000 and there were a whole bunch of retractions and "administrative" retractions. The last I looked it was back down to around $15,000 and there were a lot more "retractions". The seller had implemented an "approved bidder only" process. He seems quite amused by the attention.