OT: Eagle Win - you Hear It Here First

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

That's funny, I was sure that I typed: "Eagles Win - You Heard It Here First".

Could be wrong though, I reckon.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Ya done confused your hormones there TW, folding that damn laundry.

Reply to
Swingman

Hi Tom,

Now I know why I always enjoy your posts!

You're a fellow Eagles fan! They looked great today (should have been 27-3, but who's complaining?)

On to Jacksonville!!!!!!

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Some of that Chinese spam rubbing off on you there Tom?

Mark & Juanita

If you'd been posting, "Eagles Win, Steelers win by showing up without a rookie quarterback who can't tell a black jersey from a white one", then I'd be whooping right along with you.

I'm not even a devoted Steelers fan, but I wanted a Pennsylvania State Championship in the Super Bowl. The Pats are like the Yankees: a team that's excellent, but boring.

Oh, well. At least it's still a regional rivalry.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

Dur "This year, for a change, the two best teams in the NFL will play in the Superbowl."

Guess it's another "Next year . . " for this feeling-old Steel Curtain fan.

Reply to
Charles Krug

Charles Krug wrote in news:1E8Jd.80048$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Well... the best team from each conference maybe. We won't go into the "best 2 in the whole NFL" thing... :)

Reply to
Richard Boggs

Probably right - the REAL Superbowl was played yesterday in Philly.

GO EAGLES!!!!

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Yeah your right, 60-yard in your face TDs after you stopped them cold on

4th and one sure are boring. Not to mention ripping off 25-yard TD runs and what about end arounds? Man I thought that stuff was reserved for HS games. 'Course longest field goals ever by an opponent and with the windchill near zero sure makes one want to yawn. I guess it gets tiresome to see 87 yard interceptions for TDs so the only thing worth watching is the defense giving up meaningless TDs when the game is over. Let's see - Indy was the best offense in the league and what did they score? Oh yeah, a field goal. Pittsburgh was the best defense and they got scorched for 34 points. I guess it gets tiresome watching no-names make showtimers look ordinary.

Sure is bor> >

Reply to
DIYGUY

You missed the "like the Yankees" part. I said that the Pats are an excellent football team, just like the Yankees mostly dominate baseball.

But both play with a kind of soulless precision that really doesn't inspire me to watch. Both seem to inspire a certain something that creates rabidly devoted fans, and just-as-rabid anti-fans.

Differences of opinion make the country great, so nothing personal. I just don't like your team, is all.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig