OT: Duck

Page 1 of 3
Duck walks into a bar. Duck is only wearing one shoe. Bartender says: "Hey, duck, you lost a shoe!" Duck says: "Noooo, I found one."

Groooannnn
jc
It's not gonna stop me from retelling it, but still.....

IMHO, that joke is right up there with: What is brown and rings like a bell? A: Dungggg
Robatoy wrote:

Or...
Q: What's green and goes backwards?
A: Peggy Phlegm

Boooo! Hissss! Bored are we?
That's as bad a joke as the first year I lived in my apartment.
Came home in the middle of a snow storm. I'm sitting in the hallway waiting about 10 minutes for my tires to dry before I go into my apartment. Super comes walking along and asks me what I'm doing sitting there in the hallway? I explain that I'm waiting for my tires to dry before going in and making a mess.
So he says to me: "That's all right. Leave the wheelchair in the hallway to dry and go into the apartment." "No one will steal it"
True story. *Only* time in my life I've ever been at a loss to come back with a smart ass comment.

Hardly. You need to look deeper into the philosophical parameters of the duck's orbit around his meager being. He found a shoe, and here a stupid bartender thought he had lost one. How sad is that? What does that tell us about the bartender? Look deeper into the duck, my friend. Look deeper into the duck.
"Robatoy" offered his timeless advice

I never realized you were so....., so...... DEEEEEEP.
<smirk>

What's the best way to be deep?
You have to be very BORING!!! :-)

One thing I have never been accused of....

I guess all the holes you have bored were shallow then........

He can't help it. He is a countertop man. Limitations of materials and all that.

Countertop?! Don't give me any lip! (Cutting edge humor!)

Don't sink so low. Next you'll accuse me of tap dancing.
Robatoy wrote:

When you stare into the duck, the duck stares back into you.
Bob
says...

If you stare too long night will fall. It will be dark and you will be eaten by a grue.
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 03:20:23 +0000, zxcvbob wrote

There is no "duck" or "you"
There is only the staring
The "thing-ness" of duck and self are merely the unfoldings of the process which is emptiness contemplating itself through the illusion of form

Finally someone who gets it....

Hmmm, Ok let me look deeper into the duck. Is it a thin duck or a plump duck? Wild duck or farm raised duck?
Here are my choices.
Duck Breast with Asparagus? Nope Duck Terrine Forestiere? Don't think so Duck foie gras? Yuck Barbarie Duck Stew with Blackcurrants? Maybe
Ok, my decision is made. It's going to be Roast Duck with peas and mirabelle plums. Strawberry shortcake for dessert and a rose wine to wash it all down.

That reminds me of a restaurant on Queen Street West called The Wooden Plate. (NO idea if it is still there.) On their menu they had a neat typo: Peeking Duck. The also offered epple sauce.
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com says...

OmG - mirabelle plums. Been about 35-40 years, I still miss 'em. Never seen any Down Under.
Damn hawk took one of our ducks out t'other day as it happens - that's one less roast for me, as well :(
-P.