OT: DST

Page 5 of 8

not
with
Not to mention that most prudent financial advisors do not recommend buying LTC insurance until 60, and then ONLY if you _easily_ can afford the premiums, which are subject to increases, and can do so until you need it, and certainly NOT at the expense of other necessities ... pretty much exactly the opposite of what the LTC insurance sellers want you to hear.
We've just gone through this with my FIL and something called "Triple Care for Life", or somesuch, and I'm still of the opinion that something is being espoused here based on limited experience and without the benefit of sufficient research. I would recommend starting with the Consumer Reports study of LTC insurance for an unbiased look at the pro's and con's.
If not, there is no doubt that "...the industry (insurance) thanks you!" ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/8/08
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Indeed.....I spent 25 years working 60-80 hrs a week without vacations, weekends or much else (isn't self employment great<g>).....while the wife had 3 kids and 9 different surgeries (some minor and some major). Once she got some semblance of health back at 47 I was diagnosed (I was getting sick several years before the actual diagnoses) with a very rare idiopathic disorder, I tried to die, had numerous tests and surgery, take expensive medication including pain meds to hold the disease in check. Her current check pays the medical and the bills, luckily our derelict 100yr old house was paid for. There is no plan to reasonably cover all of life's surprises although a more profitable business or winning the lottery wouldn't have hurt......Rod

I do ... it's called "filial love" ... a quality, mostly exhibited by the female of the species, that's been taking care of the elderly since shortly after Adam and Eve ... and bless those who exhibit such a great measure of it!
AAMOF, it is arguably one it one of the last great human "responsibilities" that only a few can afford to buy their way out of.
The insurance companies want you to think their product is the answer to this age old problem ... for most it is not. Unless, of course, you happen to be suckling on the public tit. In that case, my tax dollars will insure that you can.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/8/08

Last I heard, from Mr Eaux this morning (and he should know) the price for the "7 - 9 diamond" stuff was on the order of $30,000 a night, reflecting a discount of course.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/8/08

Here 'tis.
Robert

The first casualty of a good hooker scandal is the truth. $ 1000.00 per hour is the stuff tossed around in the courts. Client 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9........ paid $ 4300 for 3.5 hours and had a credit of $ 500 for his next school-boy flogging.
That girl isn't bad looking. As one Farker put it: " The guy who could pull me out of that, would be the next King of England."
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:46:23 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Ohmigod! That's hilarious. Consider it stolen and already put to good use.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Well if the tax payers are paying , WHO CARES! I'm betting that there are quite a few politicians going Arthur Anderson right about now.
Swingman wrote:

Hey, and I'm worth every penny.     babe magnet,     jo4hn

Yeah but, at $4500 per hour, 2 minutes worth is affordable.

Different expectations from each?
Hmmm......
Robert

AFP did. They called him a Republican, of course...
<http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry )265_AFP-_Eliot_Spitzer_ (R)&only>
http://improve-usenet.org /
"Charlie Self" wrote

At one time, with or without some duct tape and a flag ... you know, for "old glory" and all that.
But not now ... one gets choosy in their old age.
Then again ...
:)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/8/08

Don't even JOKE about that, Swing...
"Robatoy" wrote

Hehe ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/8/08

She is what we used to call a triple-bagger: two over her head and one over yours, just in case.
"Charlie Self" wrote

Gentlemen please. she's worse than a 3 bag job.
A flag & duct tape don't even begin to do the job.
Lew

I would have an easier time getting it up for either Rosie O'Donnell or Janet Reno...
A roll in the hay with Coulter would be dangerous, she could hit you with her hooves.
"Robatoy" wrote

Gawd ... just lost my appetite.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/8/08

Any one of the three would make a religious man pray for impotence.