OT: DST

Everything is always the cat's fault...ask any dog.
There was a patch available for W2K pro when the change occurred. Mine updated automatically. Should still be available on Microsoft. If you can't find it ping me and I'll search to see if I retained it.
Mike M

Only if he is 20 lbs. and his food dish is empty. Then he complains more than SWMBO in a Woodcraft/Rockler/Harbor Freight store. Otherwise, they are about the same.
Allen
Swingman wrote:

Regardless of the cat's sex, it depends on how it's raised.
Raise a cat "girly" and it acts like you'd expect. Raise the cat right, and it acts like a very smart, very coordinated, dog. <G>
"B A R R Y" wrote

moan as

Sounds about right ... this is a female cat that's obviously been raised "girly". A greater nag has never been heard from.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07
Leon wrote:

The cats will be up to speed right around the time we switch back.
B A R R Y wrote:

And good luck setting one of them ahead or back an hour.
--John

I've been trying to find the Weekend/Weekday setting on my senior cat, but she insists on going off at 6:31 on Weekends. At least the middle one has her Cheeze alarm set for a more respectable Noon.

The sound you hear when you rollover at 3AM and grab hold of your wife/partner.
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

imagine
These messages seem to be all over the place, timewise ... it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature ... maybe it's Twilight zone time?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Applied an unofficial patch (there is no "official" patch) this morning to this Win 2K box ... let's see if it works.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Did you use Jack's link?
I simply right clicked the clock and adjust time/date, clicked on the internet time tab and clicked update now.
"Leon" wrote in message

No ... I used a network admin tool, which is an update of something I already had, but wasn't aware that it would apply the registry fix to Win 2K without having to go through the dance.

Didn't work on this Win 2K box, which is no longer supported and as we could see in my message time stamps. I still haven't checked to see how they're showing up correctly ... will do that on my Vista machine later.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Yeah ... looks like that did it!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07
Leon wrote:

With daylight savings time upon us again, I hoped the government would have issued proper instructions for setting our clocks forward.
When we went OFF daylight savings last fall, the lack of proper instructions caused me a lot of problems. The government said that at 2:00 AM on Sunday, November 4, we had to set our clocks back one hour.
I am a very law abiding person, so on Saturday night, I set my alarm clock to go off a 2:00 AM Sunday morning. When it went off, I was a very sleepy but I got up and dutifully set all my clocks back an hour. I then went back to bed.
After only a short time, the alarm woke me up. It was 2:00 AM. So I got up and set all my clocks back an hour. I went back to sleep.
The alarm woke me . . . . . . .
    yaaawwwn,     jo4hn
The solution to global warming is to award Dubya the Nobel (sp?) Peace Prize. Hell will then freeze over, solving the global warming problem.
(from a Prairie Home Companion program)
charlieb wrote:

Too late for Dubya, it's already happened:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20071219/COMMENTARY/10575140
Leon wrote:

Ah, yet another reason to love Arizona (besides the spring-like weather right now). On Sunday, California joined our time zone and Colorado gained an hour on us. I got up at my usual time, didn't mess with my circadean rhythms and got to watch people on both time zone sides of me yawn and ask "wha' happened?"
/pity the poor AZ politician who even breathes a whisper of the idea that we join the rest of the sheep messing with their clocks.

The same was true here in Indiana for about 35 years until 3 years ago we elected a governor who was convinced we were in dire economic straits because "nobody knew what time it was in Indiana". He twisted just enough representatives arms to get the change through, by one vote, and now you in Arizona have the distinction of being the only state in the 48 to have the common sense to leave their clocks alone. I envy you greatly. Your weather's better too, this time of year at least.
I think we might grow better hardwood here, though.
Roger Grady snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.qlfit.net To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address
Roger Grady wrote:

... snip

Oh yeah; or at least a lot more of it.