OT: DST

Page 1 of 8
Well here we are again, trying to wake up an hour early. If there was not enough to stoke the "global warming" fires, we continue to add 1 hour of day light every spring. An extra hour of day light cannot be helpful to counter act global warming. Maybe this early extra hour of day light will help to bring spring in and close out winter, even in Houston I'm ready for a bit of that Global Warming. ;~) On a side note, researchers have started to link cancer to poor sleep patterns. Several years ago I jokingly commented that DTS causes cancer, odd how things work out.

went off, I didn't hear it and my wife reached out and touched me. With a good punch. Talk about being jolted out of slumberland.
I am still not awake.
<grumble, grumble, bitch, bitch>
Lee Michaels wrote:

Tar, feathers, statehouse.
--John
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

Just curious, what's an alarm?<G>
Lew
"Lew Hodgett" inquired

healthful sleep.
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

Now I remember, I used to have one of those.
Lost it along with a wrist watch I once wore.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
Gerald Ross wrote:

Reminds me of the time my son was learning how to tell time. Christmas was just around the corner and asked him what he wanted for Christmas. "Daddy, I wanna watch!" So we let him. <g,d,&r>

If you know someone who sleeps through their alarm I've found a PERFECT GIFT for them. (but they may hate you afterward).
Edmond Scientific has an alarm clock with a special snooze alarm in it. If you sleep past the snooze alarm, the clock takes off on it's own set of wheels, jumps off the nightstand, and runs around the room making extremely loud obnoxious noises, sometimes jumping 3 feet in the air while doing it. The only way to stop it is to get out of bed and catch it to shut it off........PERFECT for one of my sons who never seems to get up on time. He doesn't know it but he's getting one for his birthday.
Charley
Lew Hodgett wrote:

A cat or dog that's fed at the same time every day.

Absolutely, our dog has to have her nightly "chewy" at 7:30. Picture explaining to a Great Dane that we are now on DST. ;~)
"Leon" wrote

Tell me about it, I've been trying to explain that very fact to a certain 10 lb cat! :)
Question: Not being a "cat person" by nature, do male cats bitch and moan as much as the female variety?
Inquiring minds, and all that ....
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Looking at the time your post showed up, 18 minutes from now, it looks like you computer did not update correctly. ;~)
"Leon" wrote

That's funny because this box is running Win2K Pro and I had to do it by hand as I have it set to "not adjust for DST" due to the new date apparently not being supported by the OS like Vista and XP... BUT I indeed set it last night, BEFORE I went to bed after spending the better part of the day an hour behind, and it's 6:20 PM CST/DST on the system clock as I write this.
Perhaps Outlook Express is still dragging its feet, but I can't imagine why it would not be using system time ... hmmm.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

The time and the last time my computer was correct in the morning but changed 1 hour after noon. I had to do a manual connect to one of the time providers. I am using XP PRO also and Bryan has had that problem with his XP Pro laptop.
Leon wrote:

Have you gotten the Microsoft updates that came out after the government decided to screw around with the DST dates?
http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?mkt=en-us&setlang=en-us&q ylight+savings+time+update
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

It's gotta be something whacked between OE and the Win2K, because the below is how your abve message is showing up on the Win2K box: