OT:Driving Nails/Spikes in tight places?

I need to drive a few 5" spikes between two rafters about 4" apart. I can get most of the nail driven except for the last inch. I tried the hammer on it's side and using the nail bar to extend my distance. But I don't have enough umph for either idea to work. I'll likely go to plan B (whatever that is), but I'm wondering what tool you would use to extend you reach. Heavy duty nail set?
TIA
Palm nailer. Magnetic tip holds the nail. Put in place and push. Don't use hammers much anymore.

on
that

on
Pin punch, piece of steel rod, piece of square iron, etc...
The instant easy answer is a palm nailer. This is great if you already have air and if you might ever need to again.
If it is just a matter of setting 2 nails, there are some cheaper alternatives. A 1/2" bolt of an appropriate length would work. Any block of solid steel - round, square. I use a 6" block of 1"x!" steel hot roll, I've drilled a hole in one end to start nails, turn it around to set them.
--
DanG

I've SHOVED the nails in with a big C clamp in a tight spot, and mounted electrical boxes by squeezing the nails in with big channel locks.