OT: Does painted MDF count as 'wood'?

If it does... here's some cnc sculpture. Well..'sculpture' is a bit lofty..how about 'sales aid'? Nope...what-the-hell is this thing? It's a whiteboard for a restaurant lunch menus....Is that what they call POP?
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Chef.jpg
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 10:43:16 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
No, it doesn't.

Ayieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
ALERT, PUKEY DUCK ALERT, PUKEY DUCK ALERT, PUKEY DUCK ALERT!
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Only if painted yellow or slathered with Mimwax polyshades.

Hell, and here I thought it was a sculpture in his own image...
Greg G.
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 23:33:22 -0500, the infamous Greg

Well, if so, where was the large red nose? <gd&r>
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine
Robatoy, what are you using to seal the raw edges of MDF so they will take paint evenly? I've had fair results with a wash coat of poly, but it still takes several coats.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Zinzer WB. And in that application, almost all the entire image was 'exposed' MDF. Two coats of Zinzer and a light scuff. Then the acrylic artist's paint and a coat of FrogJuice.

I forgot to mention that Zinzer Oil Base works better, but the drying time is a PITA.