OT: Does painted MDF count as 'wood'?

If it does... here's some cnc sculpture. Well..'sculpture' is a bit lofty..how about 'sales aid'? Nope...what-the-hell is this thing? It's a whiteboard for a restaurant lunch menus....Is that what they call POP?

Robatoy

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 10:43:16 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

No, it doesn't.

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Only if painted yellow or slathered with Mimwax polyshades.

Hell, and here I thought it was a sculpture in his own image...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Robatoy, what are you using to seal the raw edges of MDF so they will take paint evenly? I've had fair results with a wash coat of poly, but it still takes several coats.

Reply to
DanG

'exposed' MDF. Two coats of Zinzer and a light scuff. Then the acrylic artist's paint and a coat of FrogJuice.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 23:33:22 -0500, the infamous Greg G. scrawled the following:

Well, if so, where was the large red nose?

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I forgot to mention that Zinzer Oil Base works better, but the drying time is a PITA.

Reply to
Robatoy