OT? Do It Yourself Network Seeks Upholsterer for New TV Show!

Page 2 of 2

You're hoping to find someone in the 25-35 age range with "extensive professional experience" in a skilled trade? You might want to bump that age requirement up a bit then.
Well at the lower end of that range, the applicant will think two years is extensive.
John
Dave Hinz wrote:

Good point. All they have to know is more than the person doing the fluf-interview, I suppose, and actual experienced people can sit back and shudder at the mistakes they make on air.
...which never happens with wooddorking shows...
Dave, you know what they're looking for. The nicer the T&A, the less the upholstery experience matters.

T&A _IS_ upholstery. <G>
Barry
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:28:46 -0700, CW <> wrote:

So, you're saying it's more about the cushioning than the cushions?

By the way - what is the upholstery equivalent to MDF?
Patrick Conroy asks:

Naugahyde. Thing is, it's awfully rough on the Naugas.
On 13 Aug 2004 23:35:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Hey! I grew up just outside Naugatuck, formerly a hotbed of plastics and chemical manfacturing. <G>
I think Naugahide may have some roots there, but now the Nauga is extinct.
Barry