OT: dentist

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 14:44:00 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

He didn't say that or even suggest it. It was just a statement of fact. You seem to believe that allowing or disallowing another technology improvement is going to change something. It won't. The horse is so far out of the barn on that one that it's in another country.

Nevertheless, I do understand the need to fight against every little incursion on your privacy, if only just to marginally slow it down or, at the very least, get your displeasure known.

As far as digitizing medical records go, I'm all for it. The advantages far outweigh the negatives as far as I'm concerned. And, considering that I've had years of extensive contact with our medical system, (Canadian in this case), I am fully aware of all the negatives and positives.

Reply to
none

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:25:13 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

You said it right here despite me and several others telling you about the advantages of putting all records online. Got a little memory problem there Mike? V V V V V V V V V V

Reply to
none

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 20:17:33 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

Obviously, we're not agreeing to what "online" means. When I say "online", I'm not for one second suggesting that records put made available for any medical professional to see at the click of a mouse. Sending records across the country at the speed of an electron *IS* putting them online, if only for the time it takes to send those records. Electronic transmission is an online process as far as I'm concerned.

Reply to
none

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 22:14:10 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

My apologies for any misinterpretation.

Reply to
none

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Had two (2) small cavities in upper front teeth filled - $250 each.

Gives you another data point.

Asked the dentist about his fee schedule. He indicated they follow Delta Dental fee structure.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett