OT - Deer hunting success, Part II

SWMBO shot a good-size doe this morning. Field-dressed weight 111 pounds.
Guess we won't have to buy any beef at the grocery this year.
email.me:

spicy), then venison is just the ticket, substituted for goat or lamb in Middle Eastern or Indian recipes. It's pretty good on the grill, too, mesquite-smoked and cooked really rare. We substitute it for beef in a lot of dishes, too. You can use ground venison just about anywhere you'd use ground beef. The only real exception is hamburger patties: there's just not enough fat in venison to hold them together.
I'm pretty fond of dead cow too, but I'm even more fond of staying alive, considering my family history of heart disease (which includes a grandfather who died at 64, and an uncle who had his first(!) heart attack at 39). I've eaten beef maybe five times in the last year, and my total cholesterol is in the 150s.
Doug Miller wrote:

I have known butchers to add beef fat to the venison while grinding deer-burger. I don't know any details.

The place we take our deer to will do that if we ask.
We don't ask.

*snip*
The ones I have had have cooked up just fine, but usually split into two or three pieces. Going to a heavier piece of bread supports the sandwich just fine.
I used some ground venison in spaghetti once, and there was a definate taste difference. It was different, but still good.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 11/18/2012 3:12 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Aw-right!
I bought a Crossman break-barrel pellet gun this evening. (And 6000 rounds of ammo)
We have a squirrel getting into the attic. I asked him politely to relocate or pay rent.
No rent. He's still here.
So...

Many years ago I chased a squirrel out of the loft and blocked the access hole. Next time I went up there I found the bodies of three baby squirrels.
On 11/19/2012 1:01 AM, Bob Martin wrote:

That's three less fancy rats chewing up the house...