OT: Custom Jobe!

Down the street a ways. A Custom effort. Amazing!

am a sad individual because I can't stop laughing.

Robatoy

Is that snow?

Parked next to a VW Karmen-Ghia (sp?) yesterday with both doors off. That has got to be a trip driving down the highway next to a truck or other vehicle. Not to mention the loss of structural integrity in the event of a crash.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

The white stuff on the ground in the background.....yup. that is snow.

The white stuff all around the headlights...I think is fibreglass or Bondo or somesuch.

Reply to
Robatoy

Looks like a BWUI. Body Work Under the Influence. Book 'em, Dano. That is really, really sad....

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

A Ghia with the doors off is probably as tough as your average fiberglass bodied dune buggy. VW converts have reinforcing beams added to the underside, but most of the strength of a VW is in the floorpan--you can undo a couple of dozen bolts and lift the entire body off and what's left remains quite drivable.

If you want to be safe in a collision you won't be driving a Ghia anyway. There's been a lot of safety legislation between the last sale of a Ghia and now.

And I don't see why it would be any more of a "trip" than driving a Jeep with the doors off or a motorcycle.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Damn Rob. I wish I had as little snow as what's in that picture. In Ottawa we found winter last week and I've been shoveling ever since.

But you're right......sad indeed

Reply to
Tanus

Snow? What's that? Sort of like white sand?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Suffice it to say that they're out-of-province license plates.

Reply to
Robatoy

Kind of what I remember it as -- only colder.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Yep, that part I figured out; although thankfully it's been a while since I've had to deal with that stuff.

Wow. The reason I asked the question was that in the picture, it looked like someone took some snow and packed it up to make it look like a headlight shroud. Yep, that's a knee-slapper alright.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

More than likely whoever owns the car, did it during the 3 days of summer you have each year. They are probably waiting until next summer to sand and shape it. LOL

Allen

Reply to
Allen Roy

LOL...funny thing is, 'out of province' also means from across the US border. It's from Nebraska. Does that count?

Reply to
Robatoy