OT: Custom Jobe!

Down the street a ways. A Custom effort. Amazing!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Custom.jpg
I am a sad individual because I can't stop laughing.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Custom.jpg
Robatoy wrote:

Is that snow?
Parked next to a VW Karmen-Ghia (sp?) yesterday with both doors off. That has got to be a trip driving down the highway next to a truck or other vehicle. Not to mention the loss of structural integrity in the event of a crash.

The white stuff on the ground in the background.....yup. that is snow.
The white stuff all around the headlights...I think is fibreglass or Bondo or somesuch.

Robatoy wrote:

A Ghia with the doors off is probably as tough as your average fiberglass bodied dune buggy. VW converts have reinforcing beams added to the underside, but most of the strength of a VW is in the floorpan--you can undo a couple of dozen bolts and lift the entire body off and what's left remains quite drivable.
If you want to be safe in a collision you won't be driving a Ghia anyway. There's been a lot of safety legislation between the last sale of a Ghia and now.
And I don't see why it would be any more of a "trip" than driving a Jeep with the doors off or a motorcycle.
--John
Robatoy wrote:

Damn Rob. I wish I had as little snow as what's in that picture. In Ottawa we found winter last week and I've been shoveling ever since.

But you're right......sad indeed
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

Snow? What's that? Sort of like white sand?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

Kind of what I remember it as -- only colder.

Robatoy wrote:

Yep, that part I figured out; although thankfully it's been a while since I've had to deal with that stuff.

Wow. The reason I asked the question was that in the picture, it looked like someone took some snow and packed it up to make it look like a headlight shroud. Yep, that's a knee-slapper alright.

Robatoy said:

Looks like a BWUI. Body Work Under the Influence. Book 'em, Dano. That is really, really sad....
Greg G.

Suffice it to say that they're out-of-province license plates.
More than likely whoever owns the car, did it during the 3 days of summer you have each year. They are probably waiting until next summer to sand and shape it. LOL
Allen

LOL...funny thing is, 'out of province' also means from across the US border. It's from Nebraska. Does that count?