OT: Curl up with a book....

Page 2 of 3

SW:
Half an hour later, at the right kind of party, you would learn you were the cause of global warming with that solar tractor beam thingy.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Hey, anybody wanna deliver some of that global warming to Connecticut?
"J. Clarke" wrote:

And a little to Florida? we've broke a bunch of record low temperatures recently.
Teflon coated.
18:52:02 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Just think how cold it would be, were it _not_ for Global Warming....
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well, Florida lost it's grapes over 100 years ago, and now the Orange Groves are slowly bing closed as they freeze and die. The smell of orange blossoms used to hit you not long after you crossed the state borders. Now, most are south of Orlando.
Teflon coated.
21:34:50 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Hmm, maybe it is time to re consider annexing Cuba.
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"pyotr filipivich" wrote:

------------------------------------- The orange groves in SoCal have been history for years being replaced with housing developments and shopping centers.
The almond and pistachio groves are still around in the central valley.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

A farmer makes the most money when he raises houses.
John
John wrote:

Only once. The trees produced for generations, till they froze and died.
Teflon coated.

Not so much when he razes them.
pyotr filipivich wrote:

I'm all for that. If we send all the deatbeats, losers & usenet trolls to Havana, the Cubans will head for Europe. :)
Teflon coated.
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I remember reading that oranges were grown in south Georgia many years ago.
John
John wrote:

My first trip to Florida was in the mid '60s, and I don't recall any in Georgia, but the scent of Orange Blossoms was overpowering about 15 minutes into Florida. Most of that trip was along US 25, since I-75 was still under construction.
Teflon coated.
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

In the 1950's, the house where we lived and all the neighbors had wild grapes that they'd make wine out of. In suburban Minneapolis, MN, for whatever that's worth. Apparently they're a perennial, because we had grapes every hear.
Cheers! Rich

Most of the books I saw there have normal looking titles. "Trout Madness" by Robert Traver was one which resided on my bookshelf for a number of years. He also wrote "Anatomy of a Murder" which was Michigan based as were his fishing books.
--
"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! "
Brian's Mum
On 1/25/2011 1:58 AM, Edward Hennessey wrote:

"How to Teach Physics to Your Dog" is a fairly decent popular approach to quantum physics. Any body who is interested in how the world works might like to read it.
Bill
Bill Gill wrote:

They need a copy of 'Electronics For Dogs'. :)
Teflon coated.

I suppose the lesson includes chasing Schrodinger's cat?
Larry W wrote:

Sure... If it's there?
--

Richard Lamb
email me: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net
CaveLamb wrote:

Oh, for heaven's sakes! The cat is dead! Nobody's fed or watered the thing in almost 85 years!
Cheers! Rich