OT: Crue's Girls Girls Girls etc.

Page 2 of 2
"jo4hn" wrote in message

Ya ain't heard nothing to you hear the Boswell Sisters. Three middle class white girls from uptown 'Naw'lins who put "soul" in music long before blacks snapped to it. As a musician I never cease to be amazed by their innovation, and the fact that you never hear of their influence on "pop" music. The first time you hear the words "rock and roll" was on one of their recordings ... circa 1934.
http://www.singers.com/jazz/vintage/boswell.html
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08
Swingman wrote:

Connie, Martha, and Vet. Well worth putting on your record player (or IPOD). Gives me the heebie jeebies.     mahalo,     jo4hn

For all the criticism that Toronto gets, there are times when I'm proud of some of the things that happen here too. May 3, I Got up early and was ready online to snag myself eight Jeff Healey Tribute concert tickets for myself and a few buddies. Colin James, Randy Bachman, David Wilcox, Jack Bruce, Ian Gillan and many others performed with the Jeff Healey Blues Band. I don't go to too many concerts, but this one was well worth attending. ~ Glad I remember to take the ear plugs.

I ALWAYS wear earplugs at concerts. They take most of the 'heat' off the top-end and the low-end still comes through with all the tactility. Learned that one from a Ring Audio customer.