OT Craft show question

Page 2 of 2
Ah, figured just about had to be some type of toy, just couldn't figure out what kind - most toys must take highly skilled craftsmen to make, judging by the prices asked most of the time, no matter how simple they are. Or maybe it's because some people thank that 'handmade' is another word for 'exensive'. Yeah right.
When I was a kid, none of us ever had any interest in whammy doodles or acrobats. We used to string large buttons on a string tho. Get that thing spinning full blast and it'd probably have imbedded itself in the forehead if the sring had ever broke. We used to see who could make one buzz the loudest.
How about another sure seller? We used to make our own darts. Take one clean, shelled, corn cob, stick three chicken feathers in one end, stick a sharp nail, poin out, in the other end. Our 'dart board' was usually the side of a corn crib, darts stuck nicely. I know I was probably in the 6-7 age range making these, so they're safe for small children. We all knew that if we threw one at someone else, that hit or not that person would damn well throw a dart back, with all their strength, instead of just running off crying. Now that I hink about it, skyhooks used to go over pretty big too.
I turned 66 last Dec. You do the math.
On Tue, 8 May 2007 12:43:25 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Ah an early boomer. As opposed to me at late boomer.
Mark http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome /
Tue, May 8, 2007, 12:21pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Markem) doth sayeth: Ah an early boomer. As opposed to me at late boomer.
And I still boom when I get the opportunity.
sweet sawdust wrote: > Thank everyone for the answers and kind words.
<snip>
> items Like I have in the past. I know I will as long as I can afford it. > > The Grandfather who spoke with a strange (at least to me) > accent was introduced to me as just having come over to visit his daughter > from Israel. He picked up a $2 item and told me it was two expensive, he > would like to buy it but wouldn't pay such a high price for it. His > daughter turned around from talking with my wife with a look of horror on > her face. I told the grandfather that to take less would be a disgrace to > my labor and for him to pay less would dishoner me. <snip>
Don't you just love those "first liar doesn't have a chance" scenarios?
Great way to have fun.
Lew

When you have time.