OT: Cracking up again.....

Diane Keaton? Gagarino!

Had a '66, and an ES... I miss the first one, but upkeep was getting a bit pricey. Still, 39MPG @ 90 MPH... I can only plead that I was younger then.

Oh blimey, yeah. My cousin once had a Scimitar. It was /fast/ (plastic body and a tinkered-with 3litre V6, it should have been...). I quite fancy one too. They also made a drop-top model which was pretty tasty.
On 11/22/2010 5:49 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Now that's a stylish machine!
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Lee Michaels <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

As far as I know you can't anyway. Reliant ceased production of three-wheelers in 2001.
They were quite popular when I was a youth - you could drive them on a motorbike license and they were cheap. They were also largely glassfibre which, of course, doesn't rust.
--
Stuart Winsor

Midland RISC OS show - Sat July 9th 2011
On 11/22/2010 6:00 PM, Stuart wrote:

Quite unlike the ones made from oak.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

What? How has my name gotten associated with rusting oak?
Really. I am clueless as to the joke, here.
--
Jim in NC

Morgan is a small British company that has (and still does, as far as I am aware) built sports cars on an Ash (I think) chassis.

Indeed. They use a technique of stretching and painting canvas on a frame made of wood, similar to aircraft from previous wars. The Plus 4 Morgan was an interesting mish-mash of other manyfacturers's [sic] parts. Their latest offerings handle superbly, are quite fast, but the visuals??? Marty Feldman, Ben Turpin come to mind:
http://morgancars.us/msccnc/images_club/aero_candy_1.jpg
They have steered away from that lately.

Indeed. They use a technique of stretching and painting canvas on a frame made of wood, similar to aircraft from previous wars. The Plus 4 Morgan was an interesting mish-mash of other manyfacturers's [sic] parts. Their latest offerings handle superbly, are quite fast, but the visuals??? Marty Feldman, Ben Turpin come to mind:
http://morgancars.us/msccnc/images_club/aero_candy_1.jpg
They have steered away from that lately.
**********************
Steered away?
Shirley you jest
But, I have a PPS of the manufacture of the Morgan, but too big for here
On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:51:29 +1100, "George W Frost"

However, there WERE wood CHASSIS automobiles as well. Marcos was one more recent example
<<...snipped...>>

I don't know the particulars of the Morgan's construction, but in common automotive parlance, "chassis" includes the frame in a body-on-frame type vehicle.
On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 00:31:25 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

held the steel and aluminum body panels - just like an early Fisher bodied Chev. Or an MG TC or TD.
see:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/06/MorganWoodDoorFrame.jpg
snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org says...

On a Morgan the "frame" is a set of ribs and stringers and whatnot to which the body panels are attached. It is different from the "chassis".
On Nov 24, 6:57pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Early Morgans did have an ash chassis. They used other woods as well for upper structures.

Then link us?

Then link us?
email with photos are on their way via the fastest carrier pigeon I could catch

Got them. Thank you kindly, sir.

Got them. Thank you kindly, sir.
Soakay and you are welcome