OT: Contractors joke

Three contractors die at the same time and miraculously make it to heaven. One from Florida, one from Texas, and one from New Jersey. Saint Peter meets them at the gate and realizes they are all contractors. He asks them if they would be willing to look at some fence work in heaven on the back fence. Saint Peter tells them he has to get three bids on everything and since they are all here together....

They look each other up and down and then take a ride to the fence in the golf cart with Saint Pete.

The Florida GC hops out, measures the fence, does some math in his notebook and says he can do the job for $1400, $600 for labor, $600 for materials and $200 profit.

The Texas boy jumps out, does some measuring and figuring, then says he can do it for $1200. Says labor is cheaper in Texas, so $400 for labor, $600 for materials and $200 for profit.

The New Jersey fellow looks at Saint Peter and, without measuring a thing, says; "I'll do it for $4200."

Saint Peter says: "How can you just come up with a number that outrageous without even so much as measuring the fence?"

"Easy!" he says, "A thousand for me, a thousand for you, a thousand for the inspectors and I get the boy from Texas to do it."

Reply to
Robert Allison

Ok, what's the punch line?

Reply to
krw

Robert Allison wrote,on my timestamp of 31/03/2011 3:03 PM:

LOL! Almost universal. Change the state names and it could well be Australia.

Reply to
Noons

Every one knows that if you want something done right, get a Texan to do it. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Speaking of Oz, I was looking at eBay prices on magazine subscriptions and came to the higher price ranges when I nearly shat me pants. Starting at $135.07, you can get a year's script of Good Woodworking mag. Just add shipping fees. Or get 3 years of PC Plus for only $753.85 Who the $%^& is this Treeet company, anyway?

Crikey!

With prices like those, I can see the Oz contrator's need to cheat.

-- You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.? -- Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You see, according to a promotional flyer I read when en route to Oz, published by Canadian Enterprise Development Corporation, "All imports to Australia come from overseas."

I thought that was chuckleworthy.

I had the time of my life in Australia, just loved the people, was blown away by scenery, and I didn't see very much of it. Ang & I will be going back, probably for the F1 Grand Prix in Melbourne next year.

Reply to
Robatoy

Indeed.

Ooh! Be sure to take lots of pictures. (OK, take some of the cars, not just the pit girls, eh?)

-- You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.? -- Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Which one of you does the driving?

RicodJour

Australia is an island, completely surrounded by water.

Reply to
HeyBub

Not win a World Series.

Reply to
DGDevin

Much like your brain. The difference is that Australia has signs of intelligent life. :)~

RicodJour

Yabbut, they haven't been at as long as the Cubies.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

But, like horse shoes and hand grenades: Oh so close :>) Sparky 01

Reply to
Bill Hall

That explains it then....

Reply to
Robatoy

There's got to be something about Obama and Bush in there somewhere.

Reply to
krw

And aren't we lucky? no-one able to sneak in the back door across the land borders

Reply to
George W Frost

Ya think?????

Reply to
willshak

It doesn't explain why most people think it is a continent.

Reply to
Just Wondering

It is the worlds smallest continent at 2.9 million square miles also the worlds largest island at the same rate Greenland, which is claimed to be the largest island, is only 822,000 square miles

Reply to
George W Frost

Robatoy wrote in news:14264dbc-2be0-4ca2-9777- snipped-for-privacy@x1g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

Woodworking

If Bernie Ecclestone gets his way, they may not have a race in 2012.

Reply to
Steve