OT: Condolences to Bohn, Schmall, Chamberlain, et al

Just the same with base ball ,why not play a mans game like cricket .

Reply to
Mike Hide

Leave it to the Brits to name their national sport after an insect.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

Now, listen here, Hide. Are ye a Kentish Man, or a Man of Kent. Bye this I'm meaning, are ye East of Medway, or West. 'Tis no sorry point, as ye well know, and I'll not be suffering a Kentish Man to be trying to pass hisself off as a Man of Kent, nor the other way 'round neither. 'Tis a confusing business but the problem must be addressed directly, as there are issues at stake which extend beyond mere geography and nomenclature and this is known to all those who are of the cognoscenti.

'Course - ye might be a Yorkshireman - and then I wouldn't be able to understand whatever it might be that you said to me, anyway. Too, ye might be a Welshman and I wouldn't be able to spell whatever ye might say to me,anyway.

'Tis damned confusing, this. I await your enlightening interjection.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

Reply to
jo4hn

ahhh... no stick in Gaelic Football I think you're confusing it with Hurling. H

Reply to
hoot

Nah. Hurling is what ye do after ye been watchin' Gaelic football and drinkin' too much Guiness.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

Speedball is fun. and easy, two sort of goals(or cones) and 1 of those big excersise balls, you can score from front or back, run through is 1 pt kick through is 2 throwing in is 3. full contact if your on the ball, only body checking otherwise. No silly rules or padding, and fun:)

Reply to
Reyd Dorakeen

Reply to
hoot

Aye. There's real beauty in that thought.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

What has 8 teeth and 8 legs?

4 NASCAR fans.
Reply to
Rico

Oughta see the blame game going on here. The Packers are this state's largest organized religion (beer drinking is pretty disorganized) so The Game will be replayed for years. But for me, that's the core of it--FOOTBALL IS A GAME. Your life and mine won't changed a bit today or tomorrow or next year because of the outcome of that game. Our lives WILL change due to soldiers dying in Iraq, an enormous deficit, borrow-and-spend politicians on both sides of the aisle, good people out of work, just name your issue. Some fool here is claiming that his cable supplier is at fault for his obesity because they didn't disconnect him four years ago. Add rampant greed to the list. We have people who think that liberal vs. conservative is a real issue instead of one concocted by interested politicians. Add rampant gullibility to the list. Shit. I'm watching Jon Stewart tonight.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Good post. As for that fool who blames his butt size on his cable supplier, I thought the country had been tilted and all those people had slid to CA. Time to do it again?

Who's Jon Stewart?

Charlie Self If God had wanted me to touch my toes he would have put them higher on my body.

Charlie Self

Two good ideas there. We're usually too pooped to deal with intelligent humor at 11 pm so we pick him up at 7am on satellite. It's a good place to find out which politician, newscaster, etc. has a sense of humor. mahalo, jo4hn (yup, pun intended)

Reply to
jo4hn

Reply to
Pat Barber

Haven't seen a Newsweek in 5 years or more. Somehow, I'm back on the Time sub register, even though I didn't order it. It'll be interesting when the bill shows up.

Charlie Self "Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves." Dorothy Parker

Charlie Self

Crickets are little black insects used for fish bait.

Reply to
Silvan

And leave it to the Merkins to change the name of a girls ball game from rounders to baseball and pretend it was a mans game all along...mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

What are you now?

Reply to