OT: Condolences to Bohn, Schmall, Chamberlain, et al

Nah. Hurling is what ye do after ye been watchin' Gaelic football and drinkin' too much Guiness.

The Irish could make a sport out of anything.

Aye. There's real beauty in that thought.
Speedball is fun. and easy, two sort of goals(or cones) and 1 of those big excersise balls, you can score from front or back, run through is 1 pt kick through is 2 throwing in is 3. full contact if your on the ball, only body checking otherwise. No silly rules or padding, and fun:)

Jon Endres, PE wrote:

What has 8 teeth and 8 legs?
4 NASCAR fans.
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:09:42 GMT, "David F. Eisan"

it took me a second too. then the 'ol brain kicked in.... it's a sports reference....     Bridger

I can't believe all of the bullitin board material that the Philadelphia press has given the Packers by dogging Favre and his dad. This should be interesting.
Frank

I just love pre-condolences. They're so reliable. I'd bet $5 on the game, but it's illegal, isn't it?
Gonna have to ask Pete about that ........mjh

not in Vegas.
todd
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com says...

Yep, I waited until after the Packer/Bronco superbowl several years ago to give a certain friend grief. He, being the cheesehead he was, didn't.

...and your point would be?
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com says...

My gloat after the Broncos won was valid, he got to eat crow for all the crap he gave me.

Is that offer still open?
Seriously, I'm not much of a football fan and just posted that to stir up some dust on a Sunday morning.
I did enjoy watching that game, though. That fellow McKenzie (sp?) has an awesome ability to be in the right place.
Favre's Hail Mary towards the end made me wonder if the Philly mob had gotten to him. What was that young man thinking?
I think that the Eagles were very fortunate to win that game and figure that those two teams could have played ten straight and wound up five and five.
Still, Concrete Charley Bednarik musta been proud (I'm guessing he was in the stands somewheres and I'm glad I wasn't sitting next to him - just in case he had a flashback).

Oughta see the blame game going on here. The Packers are this state's largest organized religion (beer drinking is pretty disorganized) so The Game will be replayed for years. But for me, that's the core of it--FOOTBALL IS A GAME. Your life and mine won't changed a bit today or tomorrow or next year because of the outcome of that game. Our lives WILL change due to soldiers dying in Iraq, an enormous deficit, borrow-and-spend politicians on both sides of the aisle, good people out of work, just name your issue. Some fool here is claiming that his cable supplier is at fault for his obesity because they didn't disconnect him four years ago. Add rampant greed to the list. We have people who think that liberal vs. conservative is a real issue instead of one concocted by interested politicians. Add rampant gullibility to the list. Shit. I'm watching Jon Stewart tonight.
<rant off>
Bob
Bob Schmall writes:

Good post. As for that fool who blames his butt size on his cable supplier, I thought the country had been tilted and all those people had slid to CA. Time to do it again?
Who's Jon Stewart?
Charlie Self If God had wanted me to touch my toes he would have put them higher on my body.
January 5 cover of Newsweek. (He is your kind of guy)
Charlie Self wrote:

Pat Barber writes:

Haven't seen a Newsweek in 5 years or more. Somehow, I'm back on the Time sub register, even though I didn't order it. It'll be interesting when the bill shows up.
Charlie Self "Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves." Dorothy Parker

humor at 11 pm so we pick him up at 7am on satellite. It's a good place to find out which politician, newscaster, etc. has a sense of humor.     mahalo,     jo4hn (yup, pun intended)