OT - Compressor oil

My oilless compress went out and I bought a cheapie off ebay to get me through about 6 months until I have a full size shop and a full size compressor. The only clue to its origin is that the manual is extremely poorly written (or translated).
The thing got here today and it takes oil. In a way, that is good because it may last a little longer and will definitely run quieter.
Anyway, the manual calls for N32 machine oil in the winter and N68 in the summer. I'm hoping N32 means 32 weight (~30 weight) so I can just use motor oil. Anyone know about these oil specifications?
Thanks
Montyhp
buy some Ingersoll Rand compressor oil you can't go wrong . I think you better check for sure on the correct weight oil required .Regular engine oil non detergent and sythetic oils may cause you some trouble. "Montyhp" <montyhp at yahoo.com> wrote in message

motor
Dan Parrell wrote:

I ran Anderol 500 in both my Ingersoll and Bauer compressors for years without any lubrication related problems. You should be able to find it at any compressor shop. One gallon will last you damn near forever.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com
"Montyhp" <montyhp at yahoo.com> wrote in message

motor
No. N32 probably means ISO 32, just ask for SAE 10W Non-detergent. Would probably work fine all year. ISO 46 is about SAE 20W ISO 68 is about SAE 20 ISO 100 is about SAE 30
Don't use motor oil. The detergents will crap up the valves. You want to get a bottle of 20 to 30 weight compressor oil. Most is synthetic.
GTO(John)

My Speedaire Compressor from McMaster Carr uses 10W-30 motor oil by spec and has run well for years.
--
Rumpty

depends on the type of motor oil. Over here: Valvoline XLD is synthetic and without additives. On the other hand, Castrol GTX is so full of "detergent" it can be used to clean your hands...
--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

Just make sure your using compressor oil and you should be okay. My WAL-MART carried Campbell-Hausfield AC Oil and it works fine in my HF Aircompressor.
Joey "Montyhp" <montyhp at yahoo.com> wrote in message

motor