OT: Comcast

Page 3 of 3
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 03:40:20 -0700 (PDT), "John H. Gohde"

Hey! Its a helluva lot more interesting than the political crap.

Just ignore dem foos. Yes, Spider Robinson = good guy. Christopher Moore in the same funny, sci-fi vein. Robert Asprin attempts their class but falls short. Oops, fell short until 2008. RIP, Robert.
-- The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often than not, unconsidered. -- Andre Gide
On 9/19/2012 4:40 AM, John H. Gohde wrote:

How I care for my mother is none of your business. But knowing how often you act like a dunce gives me a good laugh.

Me three.

I've read all you mentioned and more. I'll read anything Sci-Fi and, if I don't like the story, I might not read more of the author but it will depend on each individual story/plot.
I've read Douglas Adams (decades ago), Poul Anderson, Kevin Anderson, Piers Anthony, Ray Bradbury, Ben Bova, CJ Cherryh, Arhtur C Clarke, Gordon R Dickson, David Drake, Philip Jose Farmer, Eric Flint, Alan Dean Foster, Peter F Hamilton, Frank Herbert, Tobias Buckell, Keith Laumer, Elizabeth Moon ... ack, too many to name!
Tons of good sci-fi out there if you are willing to dig around. One of my favorite newer writers is Tobias S Buckell who puts an interesting twist into space fiction. Met him and he's a nice guy too. `Casper

I've got hundreds of SciFi books around here and read and occasionally reread them all, but I haven't yet read one mobi book on my cell phone or on the tablet that I sold a few months back. It's just not the same. Not the same life to the stories or even the same feel reading text on a moible device.
I've gathered a number of those online books for a friend that reads them including some audio books of E.E.Doc Smith's Children of the Lens series. Listened to one for about half an hour and fell asleep. Just a big yawn to me.
Bill wrote:

"But there's one thing Sir Patrick Stewart [AKA Captain Jean-Luc Picard] could not do - deal with the local cable company. The British actor spent a harrowing 36 hours waiting for cable empire Time Warner to come to his $2million home in Brooklyn, only to tweet that the experience made him lose 'the will to live.' "
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2205680/Patrick-Stewarts-battle-Time-Warner-Cable-saps-live.html#ixzz270xsMxcQ