OT: Coffee Drinkers

Yeah, me too, but the Carling Brewery in Winnipeg was a prominent north end landmark so I remember it well.
djb
--
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it." -- G.B. Shaw

I live closer to Philly than to P'burgh but we had the beauteous Miss Frothingslosh in the coolers around here.
I remember that women started looking better towards last call but she prolly went home alone most nights.
Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
"Tom Watson" writes:

Ah yes, that classic line from an old C/W tune whose name escapes me at the moment, "... They all get better looking at closing time".
--
Lew

And the classic hangover line: "I went to bed at 2:00 with a *10* and woke up at 10:00 with a *2*! Nahmie
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
snip

back in the day, Old Style was the beer of choice for 3 or 4 young fellas on a "budget" (or pissed all my money away at the bars last weekend, and i aint got but 4 bucks till payday) who wanted to sit on the back bumper of a truck down by the lake and get tanked.
nowadays, its kinda turned into a yuppie favorite. . .shame the stuff used to go for under 10$ a case, now they are gettin premium price for that swill.
Traves, Eternal fan of Hamms beer
Thu, Jul 31, 2003, 1:19am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@farmvalleywoodworks.com (TravesW.Coppock) says: <snip> Traves, Eternal fan of Hamms beer In the blue cans.
JOAT Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. - Lu-Tze
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html
Charlie Self wrote:

Thank you Charlie, I've been trying to remember that name ever since this thread started! When I was in Nam the NCO Club couldn't give that crap away for 5 a can! I remember trying it ONCE and that mouthful got spit out. And Coors..hell you might as well drink water.
Scott
up later, the damage remains.
Thu, Jul 31, 2003, 6:12pm snipped-for-privacy@net-link.net (ScottBrownell) says: <snip> When I was in Nam the NCO Club couldn't give that crap away for5 a can! <snip>
That's cause all the good stuff never left Saigon. I think it was the weather or heat, of those brands that made it that far north, the only one that tasted good was Hamms. And, even then two cans a day was tops for me. Strange. Sure managed a few more than two a day on R&R.
Speaking of never leaving Saigon. We had it pretty good when the mess hall got dried up roast beef to serve us. Went to Saigon TDY for a day, and ate in the NCO mess. The lower rank mess. E5, 6, and 7. The E-8s had a separate mess, as did the E-9s. Anyway, they had steak AND lobster. Lots of it. I was the only one in the chow line, so stood there looking. Cook asks what I want, and I say I'm deciding which. So he tells me to take both. Unbelievable. Like I said, the roast beef was about as good as it got for my unit, and that not so often. But, it was roast beef the first day, hash the next, then spagetti sauce, and soup the next. Definitely got a lot of mileage out of it.
JOAT Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. - Lu-Tze
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html
Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

I was stationed at DaNang AB and we were able to get just about any kind of beer you wanted. I know I got my 3 cases of Bud every month without a problem.
Scott
up later, the damage remains.
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:36:45 GMT, "George"

Then you probably had Buckeye beer, too.
I grew up in the tap room!
Have a nice week...
Trent
"George" writes:

Hell of a waste of good Strohs.
--
Lew

Agree, but that other Detroit icon, Vernors, is still a favorite at our house.

snip snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Got exiled to Bloomington, my sympathy, but right now I'd about kill for some UP Brand Pasties. Dave in Fairfax

--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
snip WCD wrote:

Progress is a wunnerful thing, rarely. Don't leave me hangin' what's the URL? Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

snip of an interesting opinion George wrote:

over a bunch of each and I'll provide the beer. Hey, it could happen... Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com wrote:

I will have to try those out one of these days. I live in the northern lower penninsula and when I head up to Melstrand in UP I hit a smoked fish place on US 2 and never had room for a pasty. Maybe next year.
What are in those things?
Wes