OT: Coffee Drinkers

Page 1 of 5
I don't post much here, sice I'm too busy listening and learning. My brother is an ad exec for an advertising agency and asked me for help in getting some responses for a survey he has out on the web. I've taken it: it takes about 2 minutes and there is no personally identifiable info gathered during the survey. I know this group has a large contingent of coffee drinkers, so I hope you don't mind clicking on the link and helping my brother with his research. https://surveys.supersurvey.com/cgi-bin/surveys/s15825.pl
Thanks in advance, Bill

Ok - done. Tell your brother the survey seems alittle skewed/broken. For example, I happen to think Starbucks coffee is *crap*. Overroasted. The original Peet's kicks their booty - odd given the history between Peets and 'Bucks.
But the survey made me imply that the reason I don't go to 'Bucks is ambiance.
I don't care how many of the stores they build - their beans are awful and there are too many microroasters out there doing a much better job. IMHO - Starbucks is the "Michelob"; better than Bud but can't hold a candle to a good microbrew.
: > I don't post much here, sice I'm too busy listening and learning. My : > on the link and helping my brother with his research. : > https://surveys.supersurvey.com/cgi-bin/surveys/s15825.pl : > : : Ok - done. Tell your brother the survey seems alittle skewed/broken. For : example, I happen to think Starbucks coffee is *crap*. Overroasted. The : original Peet's kicks their booty - odd given the history between Peets and : 'Bucks. : : But the survey made me imply that the reason I don't go to 'Bucks is : ambiance. : : I don't care how many of the stores they build - their beans are awful and : there are too many microroasters out there doing a much better job. IMHO - : Starbucks is the "Michelob"; better than Bud but can't hold a candle to a : good microbrew. : : You give Starbucks a lot of credit I would put them in the league with Pabst blue ribbon.

*You* give them too much credit yourself -- I'd put them in the same league with Rhinelander, which has to be the worst beer in North America.
Somebody needs to tell the folks at Starbuck's that coffee isn't supposed to be bitter.
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:11:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller)Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
snip

tsk tsk wassamatter wit good cheesehead beer?
beats budweiser or them heavy dark english brews, and we wont even get into the canukistani concoctions
Traves
*G*

Is this one of them oxymorons I've been hearing about?
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:43:37 -0500, Traves W. Coppock

I guess you don't know what Merkin beer has in common with making love in a canoe. (Many fine local micro-brewery products excepted, of course).
Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address

Think I can beat that. Reminds of something I bought 7 or 8 years ago. Living in a dry area of Kentucky, it was necessary to hit the road with a neighbor and one of his friends. We stopped at a place 80 miles away (closest place). As we looked over the selection we found something that IIRC was called Lemon Lager -- 4 bottles for 99 cents and on sale for 79 cents. My neighbor is extremely cheap so he was looking this over with great interest. One of the clerks came by and said in a low, forceful voice, "Don't do it! Only a fool would buy that horse piss". Apparently he didn't realize that some people are so cheap they'll buy anything as long as it is cheap. On the other hand, my neighbor has also been referred to as a fool also. We went to the check out counter with one carton of Lemon Lager in the basket. The helpful clerk was now working the cash register. When he got to the Lemon Lager, he looked at it, looked at us, and said, "I ain't got the heart to charge you for that stuff" and shoved it through. We got home and I took my haul with me while the Lemon Lager stayed with my neighbor. He and his buddy got into it that night. The next morning, two bottles were in my car with a note that the clerk was absolutely correct and they didn't even swallow the one sip they took. I decided to try it after all. I at least did swallow although I really don't know why I did. I took the other bottle to a guy at work that will drink anything. I think he got about 3 swallows before he quit.
Sat, Jul 26, 2003, 10:14pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (ScratchAnkleWood) says: <snip> Lemon Lager <snip> Don't know about the Lemon Lager, but the Rhinelander is bad. Schmitz is as bad (no, I do NOT mean Schlitz), along with Blatz.
In Nam I liked Hamms. Hard to get tho, because Saigon would side track it, and send the rest of the country the stuff they didn't like, Blatz, etc. Got so the PX had to take two pallets of Blatz or whetever to get one pallet of decent beer. Budweiser? I don't think I ever saw a can north of Saigon.
Used to go out on the road, for up to a week. Would leave at least one 6-pack of Hamms in my cooler. Come back, hot, dirty, wanting a beer. My room-made would have drank all my beer, and left a 6-pack of Schmitz - the only guy I have ever seen who drank that stuff by choice.
Then when I got back in the States, my old man was drinking only Blatz. Yuck.
JOAT Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put off until, let's say, next year. - Lady Myria LeJean.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 04:16:08 +0000, TexasFireGuy wrote:

After 35 years as an employee at the Oly brewery in Oly WA, my dear departed FIL must be spinning as the original OLY brewery is shut down and vacant.
-Doug

Milwalkee's Best?
Wes