OT Clearwater Fl Sites to see

Will be in Clearwater 24-29 April and will have my evenings free to look around. I've found the Woodcraft near Countryside Mall but nothing else so far. I'll be staying in a hotel by the St Petersburg Clearwater airport and attending class on Cleveland Street (hwy 60 on the map) close to the west side of town. Don't know how mobile I will be, some one else gets to drive this time. Is there a section with antique malls that might worth looking through? The fle markets I've found elsewhere are weekend only and we won't be there diring the right time. TIA Joe
snipped-for-privacy@musc.edu wrote:

Look at the sides of the road and beach areas. That's where my cousin gets the mahogany, rosewood and NIP he trades me for walnut and curly maple. Not old tools, but if you're a turner, it's a goldmine.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Thanks, Dave, I hadn't thought of that. Now to convince the driver, my boss, to let me load down her car with plastic wrapped(grocery bags) chunks of roadside treasure. Joe
snipped-for-privacy@musc.edu wrote:

Ask her what she'd like made out of them when you get home. Before you leave show her some stuff of the net that shows how they look. Should sell themselves. See if you can find someone with a BS down there so you don't transport waste and keep more usable wood. Anchorseal too, there seems to be a humidity differential between FLA and ANYWHERE else...
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Dave in Fairfax wrote:

Wrong boss Dave, this one signs my timesheets. With the other one it woldn't be a problem, and we'd be driving the mini van without seats, not a honda. Joe
snipped-for-privacy@musc.edu wrote:

Not necessarily a difference. I hand out my turning as BS boxes at work. My bosses keep candy, and/or desk supplies in theirs. She might easily appreciate a whatsis made from some of the wood the two of you picked up. I don't know about the relationship between you and your boss, but I get along with all of mine on personal as well as a professional levels. YMMV.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work