OT Children's wood swing

My wife is wanting to replace our old metal swing form the kids. Do any of you know where free plans are or examples such as a good picture of a children's wooden "play area" could get an idea of what to build?

Thanks!

Reply to
stryped

Where have you looked so far?

Reply to
ROY!

I have looked online but have not had much luck in finding anything really good.

Reply to
stryped

Why free?

Regardless of the cost of the plans, doubt it will exceed 2%-3% of the project cost.

Look elsewhere in the project for cost reductions, IMHO.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I agree with Lew. I bought the book linked below and it's been a nice resource.

wish I could build more than just the simple swing set I have built from the book, but with 2 busy parents and a 20 month old it's hard to find the time to get out there and get work like that done.

The simple swing set I built based on the plans in the book cost me around $100 in materials to build and the equivalent of a weekend worth of work. I did it mostly myself but a sturdy helping hand will be a big help when it comes time to drop the frame into the holes.

When you can buy this book and get it shipped to your door for less than $10, and it has not only a few swing sets but nice plans for a number of other plans I can't see it being a bad purchase.

-Nathan

PS: if you do build this yourself, consider buying a pneumatic palm nailer. It'll come in handy when you're putting the corner braces on the bottom of the frame.

Reply to
N Hurst